What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Different way to get the wires thru the sticks

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
I offer this to the group as I have found an easy and quick way to get the ppt wiring into the sticks. Get a 5' piece of kite string and shove one end into the bottom of the stick. Hold or tape the other end of the string to the outside of the bottom of the stick. No need for a piece of cotton swab, etc.

Then, attach your blow gun to your compressed air hose and blow the string thru the stick. Mine took less than one minute to get the strings thru. Attach the ppt wires to the other end of the string and pull them thru. Easy peasy.:cool:

One more

I used the inside of a bicycle brake cable: some 1,5 mm flexibele wire. Couldn't believe it took some of you so bothering. For the second I spit my hands: but it went just as easy. Sorry.

The lamp repair guys use a long piece of chain, like the kind you use for dog tags. Goes where you want, works like a charm.

Yet another twist on inserting pull lines

We use waxed flat nylon lacing cord with a piece if thin cloth tied to the end of the line. Size the cloth such that it can freely travel thru the tube like a feather rather than a plug. Apply a source of airflow such as compressesed air, nitrogen, a leaf blower, or other as available and appropriate. We have used this to emplaceme pull lines in conduits tube a few feet long all the way up to a couple of hundred feet. Once the nylon cord is in place it can be used to pull one or more poly pull lines into the conduit. Fast and so far it has worked reliably in any orientation.

- Larosta

Back