What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The RV-12 and giving rides

Dgamble

Well Known Member
Teaser:

"I was looking for a word that would make a distinction between those who are attracted to airplanes because they can be a fast, efficient way to travel, and those that are attracted to airplanes because, well, because that is simply who and what they are. The former may look at a Cirrus SR-22 and appreciate it for its high speed, sophisticated avionics, and its potentially life-saving ballistic recovery parachute.

The latter? They see it completely differently. Yes, they too may have consideration for the aforementioned utilitarian aspects - the distinction that I am trying to make is by no mean mutually exclusive, but the second set of folks would be just as attracted to the graceful curves and elegant aesthetic balance of the Cirrus even if it plodded along at 90 knots, guided by a magnetic compass and an old Timex watch."

The rest of the story:

http://www.schmetterlingaviation.com/2015/11/aviators-vs-pilots-vs.html

Good read Dave, maybe one the forum's wordsmiths can come up with a less suggestive term? I just can't get past the sound of it.

My wife has always liked my plane and even said she would like one of her own. Do you think she has Pitot Enviousis?

Aerotragic ? Someone who just can't help themselves when it comes to admiring airplanes.

Aeromantic? A romance of flying?
Yep, I went with Aeromantic - the post has been updated accordingly. It's a great word and I think it fits perfectly.

Also, I just got back from another great flight with Austin:

http://www.schmetterlingaviation.com/2015/11/austin-lesson-1.html

He's picking it all up very quickly!

And.... the RV grin!

148embl.jpg

2dan7l1.jpg

Last edited:
Giving kids their first airplane ride is a kick! It's funny how quick they pick up the instrument thing. I guess it's like a big video game for them.

Back