What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for A&P near Tehachapi

neonbjb

Hi,
I'm looking for an A&P to re-install a freshly overhauled engine into my RV-6A at Tehachapi airport near Mohave. If anyone knows any A&P's in the area that are willing to do this kind of work, I would definitely appreciate their contact info.

James,
I'm not sure what you timing requirements are, but it sure would NOT be hard to get a few of my RV friends there (Miles is on-field) and put it on for you, no big deal :D Rosie

You don't need an A&P to install the engine on an RV-6, but if you really want one to do the work look up Ken Hetge at Hangar 51. I can help you if you'd like.

six-six-one-eight-one-six-three-double zero-three

Engine hangin'

Kinda like a barn raising.

Never did an aircraft engine, but have a strong back and a weak mind and can help. Kinda a learning experience for me.

If you need help handing tools to people smarter than me, I'm in!

Dave at comfortcat dot com on week-ends.

CC

Hey guys, thank you very much for the advice and offers for help. I have nothing but respect for you guys, but I really had my heart set on hanging the engine with someone who does this professionally and knows all of the gotcha's and "holy **** don't do that"s. I will contact Marc and Ken, thanks for the advice.

I really had my heart set on hanging the engine with someone who does this professionally and knows all of the gotcha's and "holy **** don't do that"s.

I suspect the gotcha's are more airframe specific than not.

Someone who has done a couple three RV's may be a better choice than an A/P who has only done Cessnas--------even if he has done a dozen of them.

Back