What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV Owner

FlyingBanker

Well Known Member
Patron
I just arrived home in Georgia with my newly purchased 6A that we picked up in Livermore, California on Thursday. After 13 hrs of flying time with a great CFI, I took my first solo flight in N62MG this afternoon! What a great trip and what a thrill to own this sweet little plane! I?ll have to figure out how to post some pictures tomorrow.

Welcome to the cadre of RVaviators. You will love your new pride and joy, hope we meet up somewhere and share some stories.

Keith, no, it?s hangared in my backyard at 32GA - Sebastian Cove. Thanks for the welcome to the RV community to all.

Welcome neighbor

Enjoy Jim....look forward to meeting one day soon. Replied to my PM to you as well.

Woohoo, I'm official now! N62MG is now officially registered in my name with the FAA. Due to 2 rounds (missed printing my name below my signature on the first submission) and a government shutdown, took a bit longer that it should have. I've now logged 43 hours in her since picking her up on Dec 27 (in spite of 45 days with miserable weather where there was virtually no flying possible) and I'm loving every minute. Handling is starting to feel very natural. I've even managed to learn how to slow her down enough for flap deployment on approach. Based on my flying of rental (sort of) for the past 4 1/2 years, I was expecting to put about 60 - 75 hrs on her in a year. We will definitely blow past that this year. I may still be in the honeymoon period (not had my first condition inspection to pay for yet), but man, this airplane ownership in a hangar in my backyard is super sweet.

Back