What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Have I just stuffed my Pneu Squeezer?

TASEsq

Well Known Member
Patron
So today I was using the squeezer to squeeze some rivets for a bracket on the cowl. I was using epoxy/flox on the bracket and I?m 99.99% certain I didn?t get epoxy in the stem of the flat set.

In any case, wherever I try I can?t get the set out of the adjustable piston of the squeezer :mad:!!

Does anyone know if I can try to tap it out from underneath? I?ve tried everything!! It won?t even twist in place if I hold the piston with a spanner and try and twist with pliers.

Here?s a photo of the issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HSzl9M8JGjwjC3293

Help!

Squeeze the floating retention ring on the rivet set a little with needle nose pliers to tighten it up a bit. You want the set tight enough to not fall or pull out on its own, but loose enough to remove it by hand. I noticed the last set I ordered from Cleavland Tools uses an "O" ring instead of the steel clip.

I have this problem routinely. I fit a small wrench (spanner) onto the flats, then I use vise-grips to loosen the set itself by turning against the wrench. The problem seems to be that the compression of the set into the piston causes it to expand enough to "lock" into the set and rotation "unlocks" it. Mostly I just keep a flat set in there but when I have a bunch of universal head rivets to set and want to use the squeezer I have to do this operation.

Last edited:
Good tip - thanks.

I tried to rotate it against a spanner but it wouldn?t budge.

It seems it?s just one particular set - where the shoulder is a little larger that the chamber on the piston end. All the others are fine. Might end up just filing the shoulder on the set a bit.

Good tip - thanks.

I tried to rotate it against a spanner but it wouldn?t budge.

It seems it?s just one particular set - where the shoulder is a little larger that the chamber on the piston end. All the others are fine. Might end up just filing the shoulder on the set a bit.

I wish the adjustable set holders were less expensive - could just have one for CS rivets, one for universal heads (AN4) and be done with it.

Squeezer

Try your heat gun or propane torch. Have it set up to remove stuck parts and then heat. May take a few try.

Back