What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My first GoPro video

Very nice David. Next time try to point the camera the other way. Getting airplane out of the frame will give you a different dimension. Nice music too. Not easy to eliminate airplane elements out of the picture with GoPro I heard :)

nice work

smooth takeoff, very well-controlled landing, especially holding the nosewheel off.

I like the vertical compass mount as well- easy to see and use, but less obtrusive than my wet compass was.

'Ol Blue Eyes was a very nice touch as well!

Thanks for posting. Appreciate you sharing with us.

You asked, so here are a couple of suggestions.

- Stiffen or isolate your camera mount. Way too much vibration.

- When editing, never keep one scene up for more than 10 seconds.

- Collect scenes from multiple angles and use to blend/edit into one compilation. Ex. cockpit, looking at the plane from the wingtip, looking forward, looking down, looking back, etc.

- Good/appropriate music sets the tone and either makes or breaks the final video.

Thanks for the pointers. These were done with one camera on different flights. I'm hoping Santa gets me another camera to mount on the tail. I'm using the Nflight billet mount. How would you isolate that to minimize vibration?

David,

Thanks for sharing the video. Your newly painted bird looks fantastic! Looks like Heavenly Valley has a decent snow pack for the Christmas crowd.

That was a great landing buddy. Keep it coming.

Thanks Good reason to pick up the paise on my RV-12

I was at TVL 2 weeks ago and your movie brought back great memories.
Thanks for your professional work.

Back