What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

E-Mag Ignitions Brad Dement

smokyray

Well Known Member
Guys,
I recently was blessed with a pair of new E/P-Mags from RV4Bill. I mailed them back to Brad Dement at E-Mag Ignitions to have the latest upgrades installed as they were from the original lot ("block" for us F16 guys)

Brad completed the upgrade but let me know that the E-Mag was no longer produced due to sales overwhelmingly supporting the P version (a $350 upgrade). So, he simply upgraded my E to a P gratis, thanks to my service and involvement in missions. As I told him, "I'm speechless"! As tough as it is to maintain a small business (much less aviation related) in our current economy only accentuates the gesture. Brad also donates directly to this site with any new purchase. Needless to say I am a customer for life.

Anyone who goes above and beyond the call deserves thanks and support. E-Mag Ignitions certainly have mine...

V/R
Smokey

Last edited:
Congrats Smokey & well done. Brad has been very nice to deal with. Very patient with my questions early on.

I think you'll really like the P mags. Mine are giving yeoman's service and I'm delighted. Please keep us posted with your experience & evaluations with them. It helps us all out.

Cheers,

Second P-Mag

I have had fantastic support and service from Brad. Currently running two model 114's on my RV. Once they get certified, I'll buy another.

It just so happens that I have one of the original 112 p-mags on my "unserviceable" parts shelf. The other one I sent to Brad and he gave me a little discount on a new 114 model. The 112's are now a dinosaur and with all the latest changes, it's not economical for them to support. As a business owner, I completely understand and concur. I thought about throwing the 112 in the trash but I kinda like to show it to folks when they stop by and let them compare it to an old mag. Speaking from an A&P perspective, I'd much rather time a P-mag than an old mag any day of the week.

I am sure the other electronic ignition are also good in various ways, but man, the p-mag have been the way to go for me and I wish them much success.

By the way, I'm not related to Brad nor do I own stock in their company or whatever. Just happy every time I start my plane in one revolution or less.

P-Mags

Same here. Brad has always been easy to reach and answered my questions. P-mags are great...auto plugs are cheap...starts in a couple of blades!

Stories about Brad's customer support do not tell the whole story. Brad has been one of the biggest supporters of the Charity Raffle held in conjunction with the LOE Fly-In for more years than I can remember. His donations to such Charity Raffle go way above and beyond just great customer. Thanks again go out to Brad for all his support.

Russ Daves
Co-Chair LOE

I had a similar experience with our E-Mag--he upgraded it also. When I needed to park my motorhome while attending AOPA Summit, he invited us to park on his land just North of Fort Worth. He is not only a great supporter of the product, but a friend. We all need those from time to time...

Bob

Brad is the man...

I second all the above comments regarding Brad and his superb customer care! It's just outstanding!

Without that good customer care, I wouldn't dare to install the P-mags because they are not known in Norway, but since Brad and his crew provide the greatest service, the choice is easy.

I just love the P-mags for their performance!

I have also installed the EI Commander, and I'll say the same regarding the service from Bill and Ed, the makers of the EI Commander. Simply outstanding! Like Brad, they are above and beyond every expectation!

Back