What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying In to Mustang Island, Port Aransas, TX -- Video

The upper level cloud formations add a unique touch to your video. And the music and commentary complete your very nice video. Thanks for taking the time to produce it. :)

Jay
I used to live on the island and your video brought back some good memories. I frequented all those airports, so it brought a smile to my face seeing them come into focus on final just like I recall. Thanks.

Jay, Thanks for the video. Makes me wonder why October is off season. Looks beautiful there!

Beautiful

The music and commentary worked well with some fantastic footage. There are just too many beautiful places to see and not enough time.

How about posting a picture or two of the mount and alignment of the camera. I'm still trying to get the right angle under the wing to take good air-to-ground photos.

Sure! Here's a pic of the mount, with the camera facing the aircraft.

http://instagram.com/p/f35a2borIU/

I've drilled holes in the base so that you can rotate it to face forward, aft (haven't tried that yet), port or starboard. It works great!

If, after watching the video, you visit my YouTube page, you can see the other videos I've captured with this set up. I'm really happy with it.

I enjoyed your video. Nice job! We hope to get down there sometime this winter.

There's been some talk of an RV fly-in weekend at our place this fall. I haven't heard any more about it, but we would sure love to see y'all! It gets lonely here in paradise in the off-season! :D

(We call it "remodeling season". Just finished the new Flying Tigers room, and just tore into our about to be renovated Apollo Room.)

Great video. It was fun to watch. Makes me want to get a camera for my left wing :)

Thanks for posting.

Back