What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N410BL - Flies!

rleffler

Well Known Member
About 5pm at KDLZ, N410BL took it's first flight with me as the pilot. Geoff Combs, Phil Newlon, Renee Leffler, Zac Holcomb, Lynn Coriell assisted me with the first flight. I did a couple touch and goes with Geoff in his RV-10, then it was my turn. I want to thank everyone that helped me today.

Geoff Combs following me to the runway as the chase plane.

IMG_1405.jpg

N410BL departs earth for the first time!

IMG_1411.jpg

Taxing back to the hangar. Successful flight!

IMG_1434.jpg

Joe Strausbaugh, Lynn Coriell, Geoff Combs, Bob Leffler, and Renee Leffler. Photo taken by Phil Newlon. Thanks to all of them for their help and assistance.

IMG_1437.jpg

Excellent news! Congratulations, Bob!

I've always appreciated how quick you are to help others out around here. "This is a win for one of the good guys."

--
Stephen

Congratulations!!

And the worlds newest RV 10 has slipped the surly bounds:D:D

Congrats on the fledgling.

Congrats!

Congrats Bob,

Been following you're progress for a number of years ..huge accomplishment!

Enjoy.

Don

Last edited:
That's terrific, I've been following ever since starting my RV.
Wishing you many years of enjoyment.

Job well Done!

Congrats Bob!!!

Enjoy your posts of advice.

Our wait for your first flight has ended and your dream of enjoyment begins!

Great going, Bob. I, too, have been following your build. Glad to see it successfully in the air.

I'm yet another follower who has benefited from your experience, posts, and help. Congrats! I look forward to thanking you in person one day with our -10's parked nearby ;)

Great Achievement

Bob
Congrats from me as well, I didn't know you were that close behind me. I am looking forward to exchange and compare your test results with mine.

Enjoy and always happy landings
Mike

Congratulations Bob. Been checking your site everyday to see a post on your first flight. You are going to enjoy every minute.

Brian

Congratulations Bob. I have been following your progress for a few years and knew it would be any day now. I shouldn't be too far behind.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Congratulations Bob! I too benefited from your build and information sharing. Thanks for being part of the community - and for building such a great plane. Enjoy!

Congrats Bob. I hope you stay close to the forum becuase you have been a great help. Happy flying. Most three important things to remember in flying. Airspeed, airspeed and airspeed.

Congratulations Bob! Your patience paid off. Now you can enjoy it. Looking forward to reading your trip reports!

Awesome news Bob. Beautiful clean plane too. I'm going to have to take an I-71 road trip up to Delaware next spring maybe to see it. Go enjoy burning off those 40 hours!

Congrats Bob!

Seems like yesterday we were sitting in the AeroElectric class at Columbus. Hope to get mine airborne at some point. Job well done.

Way to go, Bob!

One more "follower" of your kit log here. Thanks for all the information you've posted, even though I know (quite well) what a PITA it can be to post pics and log entries after you've been bustin' your hump into the late evening... The plane looks great. I'm very happy for you and your family.

I just saw this this morning; it triggered a big RV grin before I even knew it. Congrats Bob and family!

N410BL

Congrats Bob, good to see your bird in the air. Here's wishing you many years of flying with your new "pride and Joy"

Juan

Congrats Bob! So many ups and downs, setbacks but you did it! Now don't hurt yourself getting in and out!

Congrats

Well done Bob! I look forward to seeing you and your bird out and about. --LeRoy Johnston RV-6A N176LD "Esperanza" 775 hrs. next door at KMRT.

Back