What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us your best picture of your RV Photoshop'd

FresnoR

Well Known Member
A tongue-n-cheek suggestion by Glen, but could be a fun thread.

Lets see those Photoshop skills of the RV World.

f4u%2520rv.jpg

LOVE that one! Hilarious.

My Photochop skills are meager at best, but naturally we all wish our RVs were retracts ...

P1020936_retract_zpscfacb249.jpg

Well, at least until the day that we would forget to flip the lever down ... oops. :D

Times have changed...

This is an interesting thread. I can remember the first time I met Mel at Sun'n Fun twenty years ago, and he showed me a couple of photos that had been "doctored." (We didn't know what "PhotoShop" was back in those days! :eek:) Later I heard that Someone out in Oregon had asked him not to show those photos. Seems there was concern that an RV with retracts or a twin fuselage RV (ala P-82 Mustang) might be available.

A tongue-n-cheek suggestion by Glen, but could be a fun thread.

Lets see those Photoshop skills of the RV World.

f4u%2520rv.jpg

If only that was real... Van would sell a bunch of em' and a whole bunch of RVers could save big $$ in rent by double/tripple/quading up on a single "T" hangar. :p

Wow you guys are great!!! The RV/F4U is pretty neat. HUM!!!
I think Smokey really wants a P51, without the fuel burn.
You have to admit, the RV6 looks cool!
Gosh---i need to stop!

these are great!

LOV
My Photochop skills are meager at best, but naturally we all wish our RVs were retracts ...
Well, at least until the day that we would forget to flip the lever down ... oops. :D

...you just gotta turn that tailwheel into a tailhook though!

P1020936_retract_zpscfacb249.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to finish it first!

I'd LOVE to photoshop my plane as if it was finished.. but i'm still building the wings!

I do not take credit for this but it's an oldie but a goodie from the pages of VAF.net way back when that was worth saving.

RV-82RPrototypeAs.jpg

How's this Kent? Not quite the 29 inch balloons, but might get you into some terrain.

I've actually been hoping that Van would do something like this, preferably in a 4 seater. I think you're on to something!

Also, the F4U-RV8 looks sweet!

This popped directly into my mind when I saw the thread title this morning, finally had time to kluge this together (hope you don't mind, Paul):

PRCsxd8l.jpg

Last edited:
Where next .....

Well OK if we're gonna play :rolleyes: These also from Dan Valovich

RV Head on ..... :eek:

img_2013_02_13_173348_01-32553822.jpg

MidSouth RV Formation Fishing :D

img_2013_02_14_133257_01-41379852.jpg

I suppose there isn't any limit to what you can do with a camera when you know what you're doing :) Really proves that the first liar doesn't stand a chance !

Last edited:
IMG_0588_zps0a90208b.jpg.html

Ok I'm not getting it? The pics don’t show, I read the directions posted here, it still just leaves the link... Help!!

Last edited:
Retract Envy

I see a lot of retractable-gear envy! I have to admit that those leg-less RV-8s look **** sweet.

Ok I don't do the photoshop stuff, but I would love to have a pic of Orville & Wilber and Van standing next to my RV6A at KFFA ?( Kitty Hawk). So if. I email someone a pic of the plane at first flight can someone photoshop them in.

John Morgan

Gear up!

qoycdk.jpg

Ok so it's not Photoshopped, it's a real picture. But it looks like it would be photoshopped doesn't it?
Was flying on the wing of a good friend, Pete Field, in his Lancair. The photo was taken by Steve Schulte
from a Bonanza.

Last edited:
8487495404_f003767f1b_c.jpg

Graham was so pleased with the three seater -4 that he redesigned Mark Turner's -6 to seat four.
The thing on the left is Graham's. I will not be abusive about it because Graham is a very nice chap, takes a decent photo and has even written books. How clever is that?

But it looks so real!! Lol

8487495404_f003767f1b_c.jpg

Graham was so pleased with the three seater -4 that he redesigned Mark Turner's -6 to seat four.
The thing on the left is Graham's. I will not be abusive about it because Graham is a very nice chap, takes a decent photo and has even written books. How clever is that?

I really like that Luke, now about those migs that I thought I saw in the background :eek:

Bird

Back