What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shout-Out To Rocky

David Paule

Well Known Member
Rockwood Shepard was in Denver this morning and very kindly drove up to my hangar at Longmont, LMO, to deliver my new engine. This was one of two he'd found. He's using his on his RV-9A, which is several years ahead of my RV-3B.

The engine is a Lycoming O-320-D2A, new and preserved, but ten years old.

The informal arrangements went very smoothly. In fact, this purchase was as simple and easy as it gets. Rocky, thanks!

Here's Santa with my new reindeer -

sobk3p.jpg

- And as you might guess from the boxes, it'll be a while before this motor gets to run. Good thing my Cessna 180 is available. Incidentally, it was just about 32 F in the hangar with the door open and the heater off.

Dave
RV-3B

Last edited:
Rocky

Hey, I know that guy! :D Jealous that he "jumped ahead" of me with his build, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Keep us posted on your first flight, Rock!

Rocky is a great guy. I'm just a little jealous over his engine find, but I'll get over it one day. Next time you're down in the low lands Rock, stop by to critique my project.

Thanks Dave

My pleasure Dave. I was glad we could both get a good deal on the engines. I wish hanging the engine was all I had to do! I got an email from ACS comfirming my order for a Lycoming manual and parts catalog. I hadn't made an order and was starting to wonder then I saw it was from you. Thanks - you didn't have to do that but I am sure glad you did!!

I am coming into Denver Friday for meetings and going to the FAA weather class at KAPA Sat morning. I would love to see other builds on Friday or Sat. Im going to look at Jim Berry's 10 at KAPA. He has a large oil door I want to copy so I can actually see my new engine when I check the oil!!

Back