What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ghost back from paint shop

RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Well now I can officially say my 9a is done. Just got it back from the paint shop.
Purple Hill Aviation just north of london ontario did my work. Grass strip so the wheel pants are still off. John and Som did an outstanding job for me taking my silly sketches and turning them into a finished product exactly like I wanted. Highly recommend them, really great guys to do business with.

2e1udk5.jpg

1gkjk5.jpg

ap75p4.jpg

i1wfx1.jpg

1zvzgbl.jpg

Back together with pants, and better pictures to come. Just happy its home! PS this hangar will be the same one RV1 sits in for the WINDSOR ONTARIO stop. Come say hi. Happy to roll out the red carpet to any visitors. Customs on the field, 2 minutes from Detroit.

Last edited:
Wow, Rick, that looks sharp! Congrats.

However, there appears to be some sort of blotch on the tail. Looks like half of a leaf or something. Might want to have them touch that up. :D

Again, congrats on The Ghost's new look.

Wow

Very nice. I like the Maple Leaf.
Do you have a tinted canopy? Looks darker than usual.

Tom

Last edited:
Great Looking Paint Job!!

Love the lines and colors.

Please post a couple more once the wheel fairings are installed!

Thanks

Appreciate the comments. Very hard picking a paint scheme and not just hijacking someone elses.

When I saw 3 rvs with the exact same paint job and colours at osh, figured that was not the way to go.

Will get some better pics when all back together, just excited to have it back. Wahoo. :D

Great lines

Your aircraft is gorgeous with graceful lines. Eye candy.
Enjoy flying your beautiful airplane.

Pat Garboden
RV9A
N942PT (reserved)
Nearing completion

Rick, that is one sexy piece of equipment you have there. The boys at Purple Hill are a great bunch! Lovin' the leaf.

Outstanding

Rick:
Been following your build for some time. That paint job is the icing on the cake. No mistake now as to the owner of that "9". Here's wishing you a lot of great adventures in a great aircraft.
Best,
Terry

Wow!!!!!

I really love your paint work, Very nice colors, looks classy and clean. Thank for sharing with us. Allan:D
P.S. I really really like the gold trim on the nose gear!:rolleyes:

Well done!!!

Is it a plastic airplane? I see no rivets :D Congratulations!!!

Question - did they remove flaps for painting?

RIVETS?

Wow, it looks like what Vlad said - no rivets. Did you cover the rivets or how did you get such a smooth, great looking paint job? Very nice - I bet you are just jumping to get it in the air!

Nice

An inspiration to the RV-9(A) building community. Thanks. I think I?ll head out to the shop tonight.

I like it. Nice lines, simple colors and nothing over-the-top crazy and gaudy. Nice touch of national pride, too. Good job.

Back