What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 First engine start 1-28-2012

When I saw the length of the video I sure did think somebody needed to edit that baby down. Turns out no, it is good as is. A little bit of gossip a few glitches and considerable cranking. That is real life stuff.

I kind of felt like I was there.

Were both ignition firing? Do they both have impulse couplings? The kick back is a little concerning. :eek:

Great job guys, nice to see it running. This is a great day for the world of RV's.

Thanks!

Camera Action!!

Boomer I noticed you with that camera but it did not register with me what you were doing. I would have hammed it up a little and taken my hood off too.
Cool video, Thanks!

Larry,

We had a marginal battery and dual impulse mags. We put the charger on it after the engine run.
Those light props will kick back pretty easy too.

Boomer I noticed you with that camera but it did not register with me what you were doing. I would have hammed it up a little and taken my hood off too.
Cool video, Thanks!

That comes natural for you. ;)

Great job Jay. The thank less hours you and everyone else has put into that project are commendable.

Tell Roy that was a nice Marine salute. Snappy for an old jarhead!

Larry,

We had a marginal battery and dual impulse mags. We put the charger on it after the engine run.
Those light props will kick back pretty easy too.

Great job Jay. The engine sounds great.

Kick backs make me nervous. :eek:

Cool video, Thanks!

Jay,
You were kind of busy guarding that fire bottle and watching
out for Jarhead.
Did anyone find the key.:rolleyes:

RV1

Great news Paul. It's sure getting exciting even for a guy who is all the way in Nova Scotia Canada. Can't wait to see it at Oshkosh, hope I get a chance to sit in it for a photo op. Keep up the great work guys.

Back