What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lemke interior finally arrived

pilot2512

Well Known Member
Here are the pics of my lemke interior. First fitting. Still need to do some fastening. In another thread I talked about the front carpet. He did it as 2 pieces for me, I didn’t want the tunnel covered.

Attachments

• 82F548F9-69FE-467F-BBD9-369DF4BB2375.jpg
    82F548F9-69FE-467F-BBD9-369DF4BB2375.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 951
  • 1811C1CA-9894-4FC0-8244-A22190E0D086.jpg
    1811C1CA-9894-4FC0-8244-A22190E0D086.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 875
  • A5D729B0-355F-470D-8CD0-85906CF61B83.jpg
    A5D729B0-355F-470D-8CD0-85906CF61B83.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 940
  • 77AE1A10-40F4-4A04-AE27-9C0832A34D6C.jpg
    77AE1A10-40F4-4A04-AE27-9C0832A34D6C.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 757
Absolutely beautiful!!! When I got mine he didn't offer carpet or even the baggage area yet I believe. Wish he had.

Gorgeous interior! May I ask the total lead time including shipping?
Off topic: who did your panel? I’m also building a -9A and planning dual G3X

Gorgeous interior! May I ask the total lead time including shipping?
Off topic: who did your panel? I’m also building a -9A and planning dual G3X

It took almost 11 months from date I ordered to arrival at my house. It was supposed to be sooner but covid delayed some items for him to build it.

I did the panel myself with Up North Aviation doing the CAD and water jet cutout. I had a local guy do the hydro dipping for the carbon fiber look and I did my own harnesses from scratch. (I am an avionics type for a living).

How do the side panels attach? Did you use the vans seat frames or does Lemke make their own. Also can they accommodate the JD air lath? It looks great!!

Eric

If you don't already have them, Flightline Interiors makes some nice covers for the gear weldments...$65/pair

How do the side panels attach? Did you use the vans seat frames or does Lemke make their own. Also can they accommodate the JD air lath? It looks great!!

Eric

Eric,

Everything seems to fit pretty tight but he sends a roll of velcro to attach it with. On the 9 its just a seat back and the cushion he makes velcros to it. I see you are a neighbor and fellow United employee, so you are welcome to come see it in person if you would like.

Beautiful

I've sat in the Oregon Aero seats, which are incredibly comfortable for long hauls. What's your initial impression of seat firmness/comfort for the foam that Lemke uses? At least based on the price sheet, Lemke looks like a pretty good value.

I've sat in the Oregon Aero seats, which are incredibly comfortable for long hauls. What's your initial impression of seat firmness/comfort for the foam that Lemke uses? At least based on the price sheet, Lemke looks like a pretty good value.

I sat in them yesterday for the first time and made airplane noises. They felt very comfortable but I have no point of reference either.

Eric,

Everything seems to fit pretty tight but he sends a roll of velcro to attach it with. On the 9 its just a seat back and the cushion he makes velcros to it. I see you are a neighbor and fellow United employee, so you are welcome to come see it in person if you would like.

Yes I am on both accounts. I would love to come see it. I have just started talking to Robert at Lemke and he seems easy to work with. So many decisions to make and with all of the delays with everything its becoming a real logistical challenge. Are you still building at your house or have you moved to the airport yet?

Eric

Another Amazing Job by my buddy Rob!

Just remember folks, make sure to mention my name so you get a discount on your Lemke interiors.

You can use Dan from Vans Airforce or DMat. Should work either way.

My 6A was the template for his 6A package. It's the grey leather with diamond stitching on his website. :D

PS: post ticker just rolled over to 1000. Wow!

Robert just shipped my interior this week. Pictures looked great. Can't wait to get it and install it.

Here are the pics of my lemke interior. First fitting. Still need to do some fastening. In another thread I talked about the front carpet. He did it as 2 pieces for me, I didn’t want the tunnel covered.
Jay, it may just be the perspective in the photos that's tricking my eyes, but that Tosten grip looks like it's *really* high off the seat. Did you cut down the stick tube at all or did you just install it at the top of the stock tube?

Jay, it may just be the perspective in the photos that's tricking my eyes, but that Tosten grip looks like it's *really* high off the seat. Did you cut down the stick tube at all or did you just install it at the top of the stock tube?

You are correct. It is the stock length. I was waiting for the seats to figure out where I wanted to cut it down to. I sat in it last week and was looking at that very thing.

Interior ordered

Have been wanting to update, upgrade mine for a few years. Robert has been great and their work look excellent.

Order in, looking forward to a nice refresh. :)

Any idea what the price might be for something that small internationally?

I wasn't charged for shipping my samples, it just took a couple weeks to arrive.

I think he does charge if you order a complete sample package (all colors, etc) but if you already know roughly what colors/materials you want it's free.

Sweet, thanks guys. 15-20 bucks is worth it to look and feel what he has. I’ll have to send him and email if I can figure out German haha

Lemke Interior Pictures

My production time is near, and would loved to see pics of others that have received their interiors. I’ve looked at his web site examples….often.

Thanks

RV-8 package. The stick boots were way too big. I modified the rear myself with scissors and glue. I won't be using the front boot. I got the heaters and inflatable lumbar option. Side panels and arm rests were per my supplied patterns (I have custom front side consoles). Robert was very easy to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_1190a.jpg
    IMG_1190a.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1192.jpg
    IMG_1192.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 208
Enjoying my Lemke interior

It has been almost a year since I installed my Lemke interior. I have the low-back seat backs with a single manual lumbar support in each seat along with heat. So far, the interior is wearing nicely and as comfortable after about 80 hours as the day it was installed. Highly recommend Lemke…you will not be disappointed.

Attachments

• 2400E89A-EEF9-40F4-963D-2C8427740ED9.jpg
    2400E89A-EEF9-40F4-963D-2C8427740ED9.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 362
Customs wait times?

How long has everyone been waiting recently for their shipment to clear customs? Mine's been in the New York customs facility since August 17 and that place appears to be a black hole with information. I'm not in an urgent need for my seats but it would be nice to at least know when to expect them...

Just ordered a set for my RV8. Lead times are around 7months. Prices are comparable to others in USA. Owner is very easy to communicate and quick with reply for questions and concerns.

Lemke Interior

I have make a couple of flights of 2 hours plus with my RV-7A Lemke Interior. Seats are really comfortable and the pump up lumbar support works well. I have made some changes to the interior side panels to replace the cardboard formers with kydex (0.028 thickness) and used aluminum screws and posts to replace the steel furniture fasteners. Very straightforward to do - took quite a bit of weight out but more importantly got rid of the flammable cardboard. The other advantage is the kydex is easily formed with a hot air gun which makes fitting much easier. I will forward the details to Robert so those of you ordering now can get the advantage of using Kydex in the side panels.

KT

I have make a couple of flights of 2 hours plus with my RV-7A Lemke Interior. Seats are really comfortable and the pump up lumbar support works well. I have made some changes to the interior side panels to replace the cardboard formers with kydex (0.028 thickness) and used aluminum screws and posts to replace the steel furniture fasteners. Very straightforward to do - took quite a bit of weight out but more importantly got rid of the flammable cardboard. The other advantage is the kydex is easily formed with a hot air gun which makes fitting much easier. I will forward the details to Robert so those of you ordering now can get the advantage of using Kydex in the side panels.

KT

Hi Keith,
Can you confirm u used 0.028 thickness. That is only 0.7 mm. Is that thick enough. I have to make some adjustments too and was wondering. I have not worked with Kydex before.

Kydex

Yes, I used 0.028 kydex for the side panels. I did add a strip of 0.032 T3 across the top and bottom of the pockets to provide more stiffness across the pocket area. I replaced the furniture fasteners with aluminum folder binder fasteners from amazon secured with locktite. I formed some of the other interior side furnishings with a heat gun before final assembly with kydex and they fit really well. I reduced the weight of the interior side furnishings by almost 50% by removing the automotive hardboard and furniture fasteners. I am still very happy with purchasing the seats and interior through Lemke - the quality of their sewing and stitch work is exceptional. Just wish I had had the opportunity to specify kydex for the form material for the side panels.

KT

No changes needed

Just received my Lemke interior for my 30 year old plans built 6A. Nothing changed, fit like a glove. Couple pics attached. Great quality and price.

Attachments

• 4B64923E-E22B-4B75-82A9-AF813B726831.jpeg
    4B64923E-E22B-4B75-82A9-AF813B726831.jpeg
    644.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 5D09285C-D11F-43CD-8AD0-2E20E0888FC4.jpeg
    5D09285C-D11F-43CD-8AD0-2E20E0888FC4.jpeg
    718.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 8D87C7CF-2FED-4B5B-AFCF-B78A7E5A1753.jpeg
    8D87C7CF-2FED-4B5B-AFCF-B78A7E5A1753.jpeg
    758.5 KB · Views: 159
Back