What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

USA: Wisconsin

UBE: Cumberland, WI - Bona Casa Restaurant

Great family style Italian restaurant just a mile or so down the road from the Cumberland (UBE) airport. They have 2 courtesy cars, and free wi-fi available at the airport. You use the identifier number to get into the locked room with the weather PC and the car keys. The food is completely awesome at the restaurant, with a small town family style atmosphere. They also sell it as frozen take-home if you like it as much as I do. You can buy their sauce by the pint up to the gallon. Great place for dinner.
I think they're closed Monday and Tuesday nights.

I'm not affiliated...just love the food.
http://bonacasafoods.com/

754 21st St.
Cumberland, WI 54829
(715) 822-8294

Hours:
Dining
Wed. - Sat.: 5 pm - 10 pm
Sunday: - 4 pm - 10 pm

Hot Carry Out
Wed. - Sun.: 11:30 am - 10 pm

Cold Food Carry Out
Tuesday: 10 am - 3 pm
Wed. - Sun.: 10:30 am - 10 pm

Last edited:
CAVU Cafe in the Janesville terminal (JVL)

CAVU Cafe in the Janesville terminal (JVL) has nice breakfast and lunch. You park right outside and can watch the planes come and go.

Roberta

Last edited by a moderator:
We also like Lake Lawn and the short walk across the highway to the restaurant. Sheboygan has a good ILS to practice and a pretty good restaurant from which you can watch some ramp activities. Bill

Don't Forget Lone Rock

Great little greasy spoon located at Tri County Regional, KLNR. Don't order three pancakes though. You will end up taking two with you.

FBO entry combo is CTAF Frequency. Might be closed on Mondays, but not sure. Also I believe they are a bit part time in the winter.

Zig

Voyager Village

Another nice place. Voyager Village is a private development, but open to the public. 3500 foot paved. Golf course, tennis and swimming pool on site. Just a few miles NE of the Burnett County airport (KRZN) in NW Wisconsin.

Scott

Reedsburg C35

This is about 10 miles west of the Wisconsin dells (Baraboo airport)
Walk across the street from the airport to longleys resturant for good food and if you want a beer or two or three you can go next door to shortleys....but then you would be staying at the motel Super 8 about 1 block walk from airport ;).....maybe that is what the 8 in Super 8 means...8 hours between bottle and throttle :D
Buenos Guinness Amigos
I cant remember if shortley's carries Guinness though...you might have to go about another 100 feet to the liquor store
Can you tell that I like Guinness?
Jim
7A Wings

Last edited:
Cumberland in the Fall

Hello,

It was just Kate and me for dinner tonight, the wife was busy and the twins were at homecoming. The WX was great and the fall colors were just starting to peek out. We launched from Anoka and made a bee line for Cumberland, WI. They have a brand new terminal building, 2 old cop cars, and several pizza joints.

Tonight we chose to bypass the very good BonaCasa and head into the new Sammy's Pizza. Kate had the cheesebread, I went for the sausage sandwich. Not glamorous, but good food and friendly service. 2 meals with drinks and we were out for under $12. A cushy 5 min cop car ride back to the airport and we were back in the air for a stunning sunset and a nice air to air conversation with -6 driver Peter Fruehling.

After landing at Anoka we were greeted with some lovely sights...

Cumberland_062.JPG

Cumberland_081.JPG

Nice dinner, nice flight, awesome time with the daughter. I realize she will eventually figure out flying to the middle of nowhere to borrow a cop car and eat cheap italian is not such so much fun.

Last edited:
madison and Shawano

The Jet Room at the FBO in Madison (Dane County) has excellant breakfast and Lunch. About 200 yards off the field in Shawano is the Launching Pad, nightly specials, and the airport is very scenic next to the lake.

Madison, WI (MSN) - Pat O'Malley's Jet Room

I just flew to MSN yesterday (May 31, 2017) to try Pat O'Malley's Jet Room. The food was very good, service was efficient and friendly and the location is great! The FBO is Wisconsin Aviation and they were right there to marshal me into a parking spot right next to the front door. The fuel (100LL) price was more than reasonable considering the location; $4.29/gallon. Also, there was no landing or ramp fee. I was very impressed with the service and facilities.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Go Go Wisco!

Two kids graduated from UW-Madison and one still lives there. In many trips to Mad-Town, Wisconsin Aviation has never been anything short of wonderful. Same with the Jet Room.

I just flew to MSN yesterday (May 31, 2017) to try Pat O'Malley's Jet Room. The food was very good, service was efficient and friendly and the location is great! The FBO is Wisconsin Aviation and they were right there to marshal me into a parking spot right next to the front door. The fuel (100LL) price was more than reasonable considering the location; $4.29/gallon. Also, there was no landing or ramp fee. I was very impressed with the service and facilities.

9WN2 - Voyager Village as previously mentioned. It has a great golf course, clubhouse, bar and grill/restaurant a couple hundred yards from the tie down area on south end of the runway. A great community and welcoming of pilots. They have fly-in events a couple times a year and I'll post details of the next one. We bought a lake home there three years ago very reasonably.

Wisconsin

3D2, Ephraim-Gibralter airport in upper Door County is great. Scenic area. Two towns nearby with good restaurants may provide rides to get food. The airport association mans a local office and can provide good information and help. There are bicycles to use free. There is self-serve gas as well. A good stop for an RV'er!

Voyager Village

I finally made it to Voyager Village in Northwest Wisconsin on a beautiful Friday morning. Very nice place for a meal. My only concern was while on final a golf cart was moving very close to the runway. Once the golfer saw me, he got back into the cart and quickly moved it further away from the runway.
On departure, two carts just crossed the runway at the far end. The restaurant was very nice and the bar has a great view of the runway and golf course. The course is literally all around the runway, so when walking to/from your plane keep an eye out for golfers hitting towards you. There were tiedowns but no chains or ropes so bring your own if you plan to tie down.
This is a very cool place with great views. Also, RZN airport very close by has great fuel prices.

Palmyra WI (88C) has one of the smoothest grass strips I've been to and about a 100 yard walk to the typical WI family restaurant, Edge of Town Cafe. The business park is right over a berm, pretty awesome to drop in on a client that way.

Price County Airport (PBH)

Price County airport next to Phillips, WI is a very nice airport to fly into. There are numerous lakes in the area, with two very close to the airport. The Runways are in good condition and the fuel is very reasonable.
The best part about flying there is the restaurant within an easy less than 5 minute walk from the tie-down area.
The Harbor View Pub & Eatery is located directly overlooking a lake with tables on the deck that make for a great experience.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back