What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Does the LEMO have better sound quality?

Ffrankos

I'm considering getting a Bose A20 to replace one of my X's that broke. I am planning on using it multiple aircraft so I will need to buy an adapter as well. My question is, I do have the Bose LEMO connector in my RV, does the LEMO provide better sound quality over the traditional dual plug? Or, is it's only benefit that I don't need batteries to run the ANR?

I've got 2 A20 headsets, standard plug on pilots side and Lemo on right side. No difference between them.

Bose A-20 Sounds Quality

While we're on the subject of the A-20 Sound Quality,

A friend and I had our A-20 Bose overhaul by Bose in Oshkosh where they replaced the control module with the new Bluetooth one that has the Music,tel and a couple other things capabilities and today I got a call from him from his airplane and I could heard a lot of background noise vs before when there was no noise at all..

Did any of you noticed the same thing ?

Is this normal or is there an adjustment to be done to fix that ??

Thanks

Bruno

Same sound, but what an improvement running off of ship's power VS batteries! The only down side is when you jump in your buddy's plane and realize you can't plug-in.

Same sound, but what an improvement running off of ship's power VS batteries! The only down side is when you jump in your buddy's plane and realize you can't plug-in.

One only needs a adapter cable and to add batteries to the battery box when using a Bose A20 LEMO headset in an aircraft with the two standard GA plugs.

You are correct an adapter plug will convert a LEMO headset to GA plugs, however the LEMO control box does not have a provision for batteries, therefore you will lose the ANR feature.

My A20 with LEMO connector does accept batteries in the control module so when I fly a PA28 with the GA adaptor cable I still have ANR.

Back