What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-Pilots in Europe

Tobias

RV-Pilots in Europe, please check this website that I put online recently:

>>>rv-pilots.eu<<<

Sign up using your email-address. Please make sure you get the confirmation email. Unfortunately some of these emails go to "spam", so make sure you check that folder if you don't receive that email.​

We can utilize this Thread for reports about past events and also talk about organizing new ones. There are way more RVs in the US than in Europe, but I think with a little effort we can build a great and active community.

So, to make sure people find this thread using the search-function: Anyone from Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine or United Kingdom, just sign up and be part of this.

You can also sign up if you are from a different country. Make sure you enter a radius that is likely to cover some events in Europe, otherwise you might get only few or no emails about events at all as they depend on range entered.

Last edited:
Thank you to everybody who signed up in the last two days! There are about 60 RV-Pilots from all over Europe in the Database now and I hope we can add many more over time.

Also some problems and quirks with both functionality and design of the website came up that weren't recognized before. The biggest ones were solved immediately thanks to my friend Sascha who isn't a RV-Pilot (...yet) but did all the programming and put a lot of time into this project. But currently, only the next five events are shown in the "upcoming events"-section. The other events are stored in the database though and I'm sure this will be an easy fix. Also, there should be a News-Section so I don't have to create dummy-events like this one to inform about updates and other news.

Some more questions came up about how to deal with submitted events. Should they all be published on this site? How are we going to make sure, the events actually attract RV-Pilots?
I think this takes a little effort from the community. Please support me in trying to set up specific events or act as a point of contact for the events you entered. So the key part of this website and associated database is, that we can send out emails to RV-Pilots within the radius around an event, that they specified. For events that were entered several weeks before the actual date, we could send out a more detailed email about 3 weeks prior. There could be a link to Doodle, that we can utilize as a RV-participant list. That way, nobody has to give up his privacy, but others get a good idea about how big the interest and number of potential RV-participants is.
This is an example: Southpole-Fly-in

Looking forward to any feedback and hope to see some of you during the year! If you have ideas on how to make this project better, just let me know! Even better if you have the knowledge to help me implement those ideas.

Last edited:
Thats great

Tobias, thank you. Your idea is what was urgently needed among european RV-pilots. And you are many steps ahead of all. Congratulations.

Did you mention that your next project is already in the pipeline? Is it more likely a ?market place? for parts and spares?

Did you mention that your next project is already in the pipeline? Is it more likely a ?market place? for parts and spares?

Pit, thank you. Currently I'm only working on the website and thinking about how to improve the communication within the community. That, travelling and meeting people should keep me quite busy. ;)

I noticed we hardly have any subscribers from certain countries, for example Denmark and Belgium. I think we should try to contact the more active RV-Pilots of each country and ask them to spread the word about rv-pilots.eu. My guess is that many builders become way less active on VAF once there plane is finished and communication mainly happens in a smaller circle, using Whatsapp, for example.

So if any of you know RV-Pilots in other countries, ask them to tell their RV-friends about the website!

RV-Meeting France

Despite bad weather in some parts of Europe, around 30 RV and more than 90 persons enjoyed the nice weather, good food and hospitality in Pont sur Yonne!

Special thanks for being so welcoming and making sure that all information and speeches were also available in English language!

psy1.png

psy3.png

psy2.png

Came to my airfield recently and saw a RV parked on the ramp. This doesn't happen often here so I talked to the pilot. Turns out he just bought this RV-3 in Germany and was on the way home to Italy.
Due to thunderstorms over the alps, he stayed overnight and we took our planes for a short photoflight.

Great to see the number of RV-pilots increasing in Europe!

RV3-1.jpg

RV3-2.jpg

Both Hermann and I are back from an RV-trip through the US. Well, Hermann started and finished in Germany and crossed the Atlantic twice and I "only" flew in from California...

Still our first priority after getting back was go flying together with our RV-7s

IMG_9196k.jpg

IMG_9194k.jpg

I'd like to remind everybody that it is only a little more than a month until our formation event in EDTD (Donaueschingen/Germany) and LIDT (Trento/Italy) starts. We have participants from the USA, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and France! If you are interested to join us - also if it is just as a visitor or observer - let me know!

Currently, Florida just offers better weather for flying than Europe... I visited Pat last week in Vero Beach and we took his RV to meet other pilots for breakfast in Okeechobee.

Pat gave me my very first RV ride in this exact plane more than seven years ago.

IMG-0293.jpg

IMG-0287.jpg

Formation Days 2020 - Trento/Italy

It is about time for a short report about the conclusion of our formation trainings in Europe for 2020. Despite all the restrictions we were facing from March on, we were able to meet for several training days. For the event in Trento in September, there were only few restrictions and we had very nice weather in addition.

In Trento we had 7 planes - a new "record" for our group. We are slowly increasing the number of proficient formation pilots but we don't rush things.

Our two flights that day were photo flights and we had the support of several photographers that helped us getting these beautiful pictures:

101.jpg

102.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

by Giuliano Basso

109.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

nice pictures, thanks for sharing Tobias!

PS
guess an additional colorful bird would look good amidst the blue and white mass ;)

I was one of the photographers on this flight, what an amazing day! So many airplanes and amazing people, and great weather too, at least for Saturday!

Can't wait to see all of you again! Still can't stop thanking you for giving me the opportunity to shoot air to air

One of my favourite picture of the event, the whole formation with smokes, still have it as desktop background ahaha :D :)

IMG_0901.jpg

Daniel, we hope to see you participating with your own RV, soon ;)

I'm starting to really love fixed wing more and more and I'm seriously thinking to get my ATPL-A instead of the helicopter one and maybe a few years after that an RV could be in the plans, I'm having so much fun just as a passenger

Formation Days 2021 Trento

A total of 13 RV's from all over Europe met from September 10th to September 14th in Trento, Italy.
Another amazing weekend of formation flying is history. Meeting fine people, make new friends, fly these wonderful planes. Thats what the RV community is all about. :)
Thanks to beautiful southern weather and some young talented photographers lots of memories will be preserved..

Attachments

• PHOTO-2021-09-10-19-07-01.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-09-10-19-07-01.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 99
  • PHOTO-2021-09-11-22-17-10.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-09-11-22-17-10.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 94
  • PHOTO-2021-09-14-08-33-47.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-09-14-08-33-47.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 96
  • PHOTO-2021-09-12-11-00-49.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-09-12-11-00-49.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 87
  • PHOTO-2021-09-11-21-15-20.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-09-11-21-15-20.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 85
  • PHOTO-2021-09-12-11-10-04.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-09-12-11-10-04.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 88
  • PHOTO-2021-09-13-20-41-13.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-09-13-20-41-13.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 88
some nice shots with hot shots here :cool: and a nice diversity of machines. Thanks for sharing.

RV-10’s

My wife and I will be visiting central Europe beginning tomorrow. Do you know any RV-10 owners who would be up for cost sharing a flight?

0MG Europe

My wife and I will be visiting central Europe beginning tomorrow. Do you know any RV-10 owners who would be up for cost sharing a flight?

Mike, it would be pretty cool to see the AOPA 0MG RV-10 pal'ing around Europe, if you could muster the courage and resources to cross the Northern Atlantic with it. If you ever need someone to carry your bags or fetch coffee on such a trip, let me know :D

Back