What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Proseal Notice

AN23

Well Known Member
I flew our RV-8 again today after taking a couple of weeks to remove the fuel tank access plates, quantity senders and gaskets, cleaned it all up, installed the new style fuel pickups and then Prosealed it all back. After curing for a week and a half, filling the tanks yesterday showed no leaks.

I just want to let everyone know that if you are building or fixing RV fuel tanks anywhere within driving distance of me, I am NOT available to help!

I just want to let everyone know that if you are building or fixing RV fuel tanks anywhere within driving distance of me, I am NOT available to help!

Noted. So I gather that flying to the left coast is TOTALLY out of the question...

-Marc

I guess I'm weird..I like Proseal

Best stuff ever invented! I use it for a lot more than just fuel tanks, But then again I have worked with the stuff frequently for the last 40 years in heavy jet overhaul. My day job is managing KC-10 refueling tanker depot maintenance, and this beast carries over 350,000 pounds of fuel , and all of those fuel cells, integral and bladders require extensive leak checks, deseal-reseal preventative maintenance. Pressurized aircraft structure is also completely assembled with with Proseal in every joint to seal it up. Lets just say we have a bunch of it! I love the smell of Proseal in the morning !!

Back