What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Floor Boards?

Rolly9

I have installed the rudder/brake pedals and lines to the Reservoir and to the firewall, but before I start with the Fwd Fuse Ribs etc, I thought now would be the time to do whatever I should about floor (where your heels rest). Just some carpet? Scuff plates? Varnished wood? A local -8 pilot has had to add Al Angle to reduce tin-canning in that area. I would like to hear what some of you have done. Thx Rolly Clark RV-9

I got some stuff from Aircraft Spruce called Super Soundproofing Sheeting (09-42727) and layed it on the floor between the angles (3/4" thick stuff). I then covered that with carpet. I glued AL heel plates to the carpet under the rudder pedals to help slide my heels when using the rudder pedals. Aircraft Spruce also sells these (05-00839)

Roberta

Floor Question

Has anyone given thought to the passenger side floor? My first ride was with "Kahuna" (Mike Stewart) at a formation clinic. It was very uncormfortable to try & keep my feet away from the rudder peddals. I also have sat back seat in N360WS an RV4. The "heel wells" Wiley built were much more comfortable. I'm thinking of at least some angle going accross the bottom stringers. Any one have a better suggestion?

Derrell

Back