What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Triple Tree Fly In

Day trip likely

We will likely do a day trip Friday or Saturday but unfortunately not camping this year. Always a great time at TT.

I'm planning for it to be my 4th consecutive year and camping as always. Just noticed it IS a longer vent this year. 6 days worth!!

Last edited:
Triple Tree

Judie and Fred should be there Wednesday. Looking forward to it. Anyone else from Texas?

WX Permitting

Planning on Thursday through Sunday.

TT is my favorite aviation gathering of the year.

Okay, cool! I've been dying to get down there and check it out. I put it in the schedule. Let's see if I can pull it off. Jeff, it'll be great to see you again!

;) CJ

I am planning to fly down one VFR day during the week, and then bring my camper down Friday for the steak dinner.

Sadly, I have to leave Saturday for a Family event the rest of the weekend.

Check the website for activities and food. I believe Friday night is A taste of Triple Tree and Thursday night is the steak dinner.

For all planning on Triple Tree?? PLEASE study the arrival procedures on the TT website prior to arrival. Enjoy the fly in!! There?s nothing like Triple Tree!!

Triple Tree

On behalf of Pat and all of our volunteers, we want to thank you for coming year after year. We think this year is going to be spectacular. The grounds have never looked better, the new women's bathhouse facility is complete and the new, air-conditioned pilot's lounge is ready. The weather forecast also looks great.

It's going to be a great event.

See you there,
Rob
RV-7 N125RT

I see Triple Tree now recommends removing wheel pants for taxiway ruts/bumps. I?ve never done this for previous grass fields is it really necessary?

Wheel pants

I have been to TT many times in my -4, and depending on the size of the event, and where you are marshaled to taxi, there can be some hazards. I have stopped and asked to be re-directed, but for the most part it is not an issue. Our RV's have fairly low clearance compared to others, but I'm certainly not "dropping my pants" for a fly-in !

I have flown my 6A in there when the field was in it's worst conditions and did
NOT remove my pants either. I did get a little mud/grass but it washed right out.

I should have my new MAP gauge/sendor in time to make the weekend. Looking
forward to another great time at Triple Tree Aerodrome. The nicest little(7000'X400')
grass strip you will find anywhere on earth.

Source of recommendation?

I see Triple Tree now recommends removing wheel pants for taxiway ruts/bumps.

I've volunteered there for the past five or six years and have been flying in to TTA many times since 2002, admittedly my Bellanca doesn't have pants but I have seen numerous RV's with pants and never heard of any issues. Some taxi way paths to areas of the 'back country' camping spots may have had and still may have some bumpy areas. I think they would be rare.

If you get uncomfortable about where a parking guide is leading you - just STOP - the parkers will accommodate you.

And, where did you see this TTA recommendation? I can back-track it and get a reading on it if it is showing up on an official TTA source.

Last edited:
Had a great time at TT. I just returned home at noon time.
Several VAFers in attendance, but with different arrivals & departures.

Steve & Gus arrived Tuesday(just in time for the big evening rain storm), departure back to Albany on Thursday.

I arrived Wednesday & shared some time at the steak dinner on Thursday with Carl, Anthony & his wife.

It was a bit damp on Wednesday, but began drying out quickly.
Lots more aircraft arriving Thursday afternoon.

Back