What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help Identify This Part?

Lt Dan

Well Known Member
Can anyone help me identify this trim indicator? I think it may be a Ray Allen, but the new ones on their website don't look the same. Mine is flickering and I may need to replace it. The builder's documentation is very, very thorough, but of course, this seems to be the one part it does not mention!

I did find this post which is helpful: https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=82823

Also if anyone has an email address for them, I'd like to contact them but could only find a phone number on their website.

Happy Holidays!

Attachments

• Trim - 1.jpeg
    Trim - 1.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 167
I suggest you post a note to buy one. They come with every trim kit, but many people no longer use them as the trim servos read out on their EFIS display.

Carl

I have a new trim indicator sitting in the box that I don't plan on using. It does look like it might be a slightly different face plate size than yours though. If you want the same form factor to drop back into the existing space, you may need to just get Ray Allen to refurb yours. I think they do it for very little cost. If you think the new one will work, I'm happy to send it to you for a donation to VAF and the cost of shipping.

Attachments

• 20211225_113711.jpg
    20211225_113711.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 20211225_113758.jpg
    20211225_113758.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 81
The one in the post above is the newest version ----- as far as I know.

The one in the OP is a generation before that.

The new one should fit with minimum work, I believe the wiring is the same.

That is the older style RAC (Ray Allen) Servo trim indicator. There is a newer style color indicator, same wiring.

DAR Gary

The Next Development

Thank you guys. This community is incredibly helpful!

When I went to remove the indicator in the hangar today, both the top and bottom little black screws just spun and spun... I couldn't easily peek behind there to see what's going on from the other side. Is there something weird with how this indicator installs? Is it not just the two screws on the face plate? Anyone have experience removing/installing one of these?

Thanks,
Dan

Thank you guys. This community is incredibly helpful!
When I went to remove the indicator in the hangar today, both the top and bottom little black screws just spun and spun... I couldn't easily peek behind there to see what's going on from the other side. Is there something weird with how this indicator installs? Is it not just the two screws on the face plate? Anyone have experience removing/installing one of these?
Thanks,
Dan

Would you believe "nuts" on the back side?

Ray Allen Indicator

I have two of the older style like in your picture. They were just removed from my 6 during a recent panel upgrade. They were working fine when removed. If you still need one just email or PM your address and I’ll send you one.
[email protected]

Back