What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar Space at ARW Beaufort County Airport?

CEH

I am moving to Beaufort,SC this summer and I am looking for a hangar. The airport has quite a long wait list so I am wondering if any RVrs have a hangar there and are looking for a hangar mate. :)

One of my friends has a hangar at 3J1, Ridgeland SC,,,about 15 or 20 minutes from Beaufort,,,it's for rent or sale. Send me a message and I'll send you his phone number if you are interested.

Chad, a friend of mine, Tim Verroi, has the car rental business in the terminal and just sold his RV-8, so his hangar is now unoccupied. Sensible Car rental is his business name, and he also has a storage building business across the street from the airport, where we keep our boats.

I fly a -10 to our house down there pretty often, so hope to meet up with you soon.

Best,

Thank you Pierre, I left him a message. I will let you know when I arrive in the area this summer and look forward to meeting you!

Still looking for any leads on hangar space at Beaufort County (just missed out on Tim's hangar). I've got a lead on hangar space at Ridgeland (thanks Jim!), but that airport is 45 min to an hour from where we will live.

Another Feeler

Just putting another feeler out for Beaufort County Airport hangars. If you know anyone looking to get someone in their hangar shoot me a PM. The 50 minute drive to Ridgeland is cutting down on my flying time!

Maybe so, but hangars are available (you can actually own your own hangar in Ridgeland, unlike at Beaufort) and rentals will be lower. And you can work on your own airplane there (also unlike Beaufort). Everyone does as there are several builders there and a number of RV's, several A&P's, a couple of IA's, a glider club, etc. New 4,200' runway is apparently now formally scheduled to start "soon" (politics, you know?).

Chad, we should be there by 10:00 a.m. this morning (it's foggy here) so I may just file IFR.

We'll be in my -10, N777SW, yellow and silver, named "Rapid Transit.":) and overnighting.

Best,

Maybe so, but hangars are available (you can actually own your own hangar in Ridgeland, unlike at Beaufort) and rentals will be lower. And you can work on your own airplane there (also unlike Beaufort). Everyone does as there are several builders there and a number of RV's, several A&P's, a couple of IA's, a glider club, etc. New 4,200' runway is apparently now formally scheduled to start "soon" (politics, you know?).

Lee, you are absolutely correct. I love the atmosphere at Ridgeland, but work doesn't leave a lot of time for flying so for now I would rather spend the extra 40 min flying instead of driving to the airport when I get the chance!

Do you know of any hangars for sale or rent in Ridgeland SC? I'm looking to either build an RV-9 or buy and hangar an RV-4 there. Can I build a hangar there? Anybody with info please let me know. I'm moving to the area soon. I have not been able to contact the airport directly.
-Jesse

Just drop by Ridgeland just about any nice Saturday morning and ask around. The airport manager, Mr. Dean also keeps an eye on what's available. All hangars at Ridgeland are privately owned at the moment. There will be county owned hangars there in 2-3 years when the new runway/terminal, etc is finished. Hangars are bought and sold there all the time. Check with Dennis Argetsinger (for example); he just bought a nearly 4,000 sq. ft. hangar and is busy painting the floors and cleaning it up. Don't know if he's into leasing space or not, but you can certainly check with him. If he's not, he'll know who is.

Regards,

Lee...

You'll like Ridgeland---great people, great little airport, and looks like it will get a facelift. We have alot of fun there!
Tom

Back