What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dreaded BO

lonkelm

I'm wondering why Vans ships the EMP kit with things on BO? First section on page 6-2 I can't get going because Bag 1150 is on backorder.:mad:

Is it ok to skip to some other part?

Yes, you can skip to other areas. But read all the instructions carefully, make sure you don’t ‘paint yourself into a corner’.

The only section of the plans you cannot start with is section 11 Emp. Attach :D
They are all independent and don't all come together until section 11. There may be some logic for building skills on how Vans sequences the build especially in the beginning.

Not sure what is in the bag you are missing, but there is possibly a lot of prep and deburring that needs to be done prior to needing the hardware.

Looks like the hinge doubler for the vertical stab is in that bag, so you might want to start with the rudder until you get the doubler for the stab. Or, like suggested above you can get a lot of match drilling and deburring done without it.

Yeah, that's what I did this evening. Started on rudder. Lots of stuff to cut apart and deburr, but I quickly see that I get to Figure 4 and need R-01007A-1 which is in a bag of goodies that was missing from my kit. Hopefully the missing bag gets shipped quickly and isn't also on BO.

:eek:

Back