What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Inop Flaps any ideas

Doug94

Well Known Member
I went up yesterday and the flaps did not extend. I cycled the circuit breaker and the flaps cycled once. Then nothing. A second attempt at cycling the circuit breaker worked again but the third and fourth attempt did not. I have an infinity relay deck and can hear the relay "click" when I try to extend the flaps.

The question I am trying to diagnose from my desk is it the relay deck or the flap motor? Any thoughts? I have heard about some flap motors that have gone hincky - I have 65 hours on the plane.

Thanks for your replies....

Common problem. Your flap motor probably needs to be cleaned out.

Use the search function to find "flap motor grease" and you should find the answer.

But since you think messing with the ckt breaker made it work a couple of time, it would be a good idea to first check for voltage at on the wire connections at the motor (while depressing the flap switch) before going to all the trouble to remove the flap motor.... it might just be a failing ckt breaker.

Another data point. I had the same symptoms. In my case it was excess grease that migrated from the internal flap gears to the flap motor. Cleaning the excess grease fixed the issue.

Back