What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lycoming engines - limited time opportunity for quick delivery

greghughespdx

Well Known Member
Advertiser
https://www.vansaircraft.com/2020/0...lots-for-quick-delivery-experimental-engines/

This almost never happens, and wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to be aware...

Lycoming has opened up limited capacity to build some fast-delivery experimental engines for delivery in the June/July timeframe. This opportunity is for standard experimental engines only – Thunderbolt engines are not available on this special schedule. Please reach out to Chris at Lycoming – his contact info available at the link – to see if the engine you need can be scheduled. Note that the specific engine you need and parts availability etc. will determine whether you can grab one of their fast-delivery slots. Once you have arranged things with Chris, you can place your engine or engine+prop order with Van’s and get things moving. Availability of slots is limited, so don’t delay.

Lycoming engine

Yes I had an email from Chris saying he may be able to supply earlier due to cancellations which initially I was over the moon about but that soon evaporated.
Unfortunately as I live in UK and I had engine + prop+ loads of other bits it would involve dual shipping costs at vast expense so had to decline the offer.

Back