What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Proud Promotion Announcement

TomVal

Well Known Member
On son Jeff was promoted to Brigadier General. The DoD made the announcement public today. Next stop...Afghanistan!

A few months ago I commented how difficult is was to sneak in an RV flight or two with our son. Jeff's last flight with me was in our RV-8 back in 2012. I've owned the -12 for 5 years. On Jeff's last visit, the -12 was down for SB repairs. I am beginning to think maybe the time is right for me to trade in the airplane hobby.

Regards,
Tom

Last edited:
Congratulations

In these days of social media where people post pictures of their meals and other "look at me" stuff, it's mostly annoying. For this and other reasons, I have no social media presence.

That said, thank you very much for sharing this. This is a real and rare accomplishment. I can't imagine how proud you must be. I wish him a successful deployment and a safe return. Please pass along my gratitude for his service.

On son Jeff was promoted to Brigadier General. The DoD made the announcement public today. Next stop...Afghanistan.

Hats off and congrats to the new flag officer...cheers and hand salute!

I am beginning to think maybe the time is right for me to trade in the airplane hobby.

NOOOOO! :eek: Shake it off! Keep flying! The stars WILL align for you two to fly.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the kind comments. The only good news about the Afghan assignment is that after 5 years of pushing a pencil, he'll be back in the cockpit. I had to remind him that Generals should never fly as the pointy end of the spear!

Outstanding! Good news for everyone!

Only in the Air Force do the officers get shot at.

May he have many safe sorties!

Congratulations Tom! I am very proud of you and your wife, raising such an exceptional son. Way to go. My thought would be, don't give up the RV-12, unless you have lost the passion. :D

Congratulations Tom! I am very proud of you and your wife, raising such an exceptional son. Way to go. My thought would be, don't give up the RV-12, unless you have lost the passion. :D

Thanks Greg...and yes, losing the passion is part of it.

Congratulations on your son's outstanding achievement. I wish him Godspeed in his new assignment!

Robert C. Hunt, Maj, USAF, Ret.

>>>A few months ago I commented how difficult is was to sneak in an RV flight or two with our son. Jeff's last flight with me was in our RV-8 back in 2012. I've owned the -12 for 5 years. On Jeff's last visit, the -12 was down for SB repairs>>>
Tom

Finally the stars aligned and the son and I was able to log 3 hours in the -12 this past weekend!

Outstanding! Good news for everyone!

Only in the Air Force do the officers get shot at.

May he have many safe sorties!

I'ma let that slide this time...

Congrats Tom! It takes a family of support to build a career like that!

Back