What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moving to the Airport

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
Today, after 2.5 years of my standard build, with the help of fellow builders, friends and family, "Flew the Coope" left the only home it knew (our garage) for its new home. At the airport I will work to complete it by finishing the gear fairings, adding the tail feathers, wing attach and all the final items to complete this amazing plane. If you are ever at KUAO and want to stop by and visit, let us know.

IMG_0379_zpsb6b63f28.jpg

Capture-14_zpsa1590eb5.png

Congrats!

Way to go Mark. 2.5 years is impressive. I'm sure you'll be ready to fly in far less time than the 8 months it took me after I got to the airport!

Congrats.

Need Trailer details

Hi Mark,
I am going to move my RV10 fuselage from Kelso, WA to Sunriver, OR next week and am looking for a good way to use an auto trailer as you did.

Can you give a thumbnail sketch of how you adapted the trailer to the job?
Did you get/need any special permits?

Thanks,

As many of these "to the airport" posts as I've seen, they always bring a smile to my face. :)

Congratulations,

Hi Mark,

Congrats, a very big day for sure!! As you know, I'm pretty close, so call me anytime you need any help.

Jerry
503 702 2663

Hi Mark,
I am going to move my RV10 fuselage from Kelso, WA to Sunriver, OR next week and am looking for a good way to use an auto trailer as you did.

Can you give a thumbnail sketch of how you adapted the trailer to the job?
Did you get/need any special permits?

Thanks,

You can see some shots of how Paul extended his trailer's width to accommodate the gear in my blog post (http://myrv10factory.wordpress.com/2013/03/18/the-big-move/). This gave us 1" on each side of the mains to fit. We put a red shirt (Stein Air) that I had been using and was dirty - seemed a fitting use, as a marker for a long load.

87B822F0-2912-4E14-9038-EB183D9E2F0D-9970-000003B02B1C9D46_zpsa3c94982.jpg

Thanks Stein Air!! Your shirt not only works to assemble an airplane it can help move one too.

Last edited:
Nice work Mark!

I'll call you next time I'm up there. The motivation gets greater as you get closer to flying!

Congrats Mark! That's a big step. I've been following your blog to study ahead of my build and it has helped me a great deal. Keep posting and thanks!

Congratulations!

I started my build just about 6 weeks after you did and have followed your build with awe ever since your tail-cone build log posts. I've only just ordered my fuse kit and am so looking forward to making the same announcement you just did! It's inspiring to see.

Well done to you, sir.

Good job! I hope to be moving early June.

You are a little ahead of me but, boy, you got there a whole lot faster!

I moved today to the airport as well

Today I took my RV-10 fuselage from the paintshop to the airport. In the stop-motion video it looks as if the RV is chasing me through Switzerland, funny to watch.
Please don't ask why I kept the rear trunk window open while unloading the RV, I guess I meant to hide the secret on how to do it

Wings & tail feathers are coming shortly as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjGn8UKagJM

....and yes in the tunnel I accelerated to the speed of light as the the video proofs.

Mike

Back