What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Photo Request

Flying Magazine

I'm New Here
Hi RV builders,

I'm the managing editor of Flying magazine. We're looking for quality photos showing airplanes during the building process. If you've got a great photo, please send it my way! You can email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to seeing your photos!

Bethany Whitfield

Welcome to VAF!

Bethany, welcome to the good ship VAF:D

Great to have another major aircraft magazine editor as a VAF member.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome. The article is about the joy of homebuilding so the photos will not be used to illustrate accident trends or anything of that sort. :)

We're taking a look at the decisions that go into a homebuilt project (workspace, time constraints, equipment/cockpit considerations, etc.). Basically, if you're building an airplane and having fun doing it, we want to see photos! High res (and preferably high quality) photos are best, since we are looking for an image or two to feature in our magazine.

If you have a neat story (for example, you're building your airplane in your living room), a photo illustrating that would be particularly nice. Also, a photo comparison of your airplane during the building process and during its first flight (if you are lucky enough to have a photo of that) would be interesting as well.

Thanks again for all the help,
Bethany

Tube / rag just fine also.

I have it on good authority that if your project photos are:

- Tube and rag
- Wood

….that those pictures will do, also (for you to email Bethany). They are looking for ANY type plane under construction being built in interesting places. The weirder the location the better.

V/r,
dr

Last edited:
Not weird, or unusual. Infact very typical in almost every way. If they want to look at an everyday type of build, feel free to go into my Pacassa site. This is probably more typical of what builders do every year!

I do have funny pictures of airplane parts in my tiny NY studio apt but quality is not the best :eek: Started tail in 2006 and had fun for years.

empinthekitchen.jpg

Rudder.jpg

First flight 2011. Put 600+ hours during first year :)

firstflight1.jpg

First flight pics courtesy Ted Chang.

Last edited:
I have it on good authority that if your project photos are:

- Tube and rag
- Wood

V/r,
dr

So long as those photos aren't posted here, since that wouldn't be RV related would it? I too like all kinds of airplanes.

Thanks everyone for your photos. I now have an embarrassment of riches thanks to the large number of submissions.

Thanks again,
Bethany

world's most expensive fireplace screen

When my canopy was finished, I had to assure it didn't suffer from "garage rash". The only safe place I could think of where it wouldn't be in the way was in our study. Below you can see the Place of Honor in front of the fireplace. It was there for almost two years before I took it to the hangar for final assembly. It was a great conversation starter when we had visitors or guests. :D

worldsmostexpensivefireplacescreen_zps23487778.jpg.html

Back