What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 N25DV build update

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
It was good to see all of the fellow RV12 builders in Oshkosh. Still is hard to believe I took delivery of the kit mid Sept 2011. What a fun journey and met some very good people on the way.

A quick update and photos from last night;

Final touches on the 12, going through the check list getting ready for the DAR. Weight and Balance tonight, then open her back up for the DAR.

I am a few weeks behind and heading off to my son?s wedding this weekend, so I pushed the DAR?s visit back till next week.
2012-08-13 21.16.26.jpg

Scott is one of the many RV owners at KPTW, he has a RV8 - but still got the RV Grin :) after climbing in the 12!
2012-08-13 22.58.35.jpg

2012-08-13 22.59.07.jpg

2012-08-13 21.29.15.jpg

2012-08-13 21.29.07.jpg

2012-08-13 22.45.30.jpg

Flying Soon!!!!!!!!

David,
The plane is looking fantastic! A few quick questions? And sorry for my stupidity, but I'm building mine as quickly as I can, and haven't done a ton of research yet on the Rotax option...but, how did you plan for the second display, power-wise? I was thinking I read that Van's didn't recommend it since the power output of the Rotax alternator was right at its maximum, without the second display? I've looked through your photos, but didn't read anything about the power.

Thanks for any input! Oh, and I LOVE the three-blade prop!

*********EDIT: David, I went back through your earlier posts and found the info about the larger alternator. Looks GREAT.*************

Last edited:
David,
The plane is looking fantastic! A few quick questions? And sorry for my stupidity, but I'm building mine as quickly as I can, and haven't done a ton of research yet on the Rotax option...but, how did you plan for the second display, power-wise? I was thinking I read that Van's didn't recommend it since the power output of the Rotax alternator was right at its maximum, without the second display? I've looked through your photos, but didn't read anything about the power.

Thanks for any input! Oh, and I LOVE the three-blade prop!

*********EDIT: David, I went back through your earlier posts and found the info about the larger alternator. Looks GREAT.*************

Gary,

I am building my 12 as a EAB so I could deviate. I went with GRT's and the extra alternator as posted in earlier threads.

Your just behind me as I see your build number, enjoy the build as much as I have.

RV 12

Gary,

I am building my 12 as a EAB so I could deviate. I went with GRT's and the extra alternator as posted in earlier threads.

Your just behind me as I see your build number, enjoy the build as much as I have.

Dave any chance of a Photo of your Extra Alternator set up is it the Bolt on one or the Belt driven one?
Great Looking 'Plane too Bud..
Cheers...

Back