What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Team RV is coming to Oshkosh --- VIDEO

ronschreck

Well Known Member
Team RV, the worlds largest air show team will be featured at the worlds largest general aviation gathering at Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The team will fly our show routine on Monday and Wednesday, July 23rd and 25th, 2012. On Tuesday we will circle the American flag with six aircraft for the opening ceremonies and will also fly a missing man formation to honor our fallen heroes.

There will be 12 Team pilots at AirVenture. If you see any or all of us, come say "hello". We enjoy talking "airplanes" too!

Here"s a little TEASER VIDEO to get you motivated.

Come join the fun!

Stick this forum on your bucket list. A great opportunity to meet and greet some RV pilots and learn some of the finer points of flying formation in air shows.

Team RV Headed Home

oshkoshreturn.png
[/URL]

What a great week. Met lots of very enthusiastic RV builders and flyers. Hope to be back next year and show off our twilight show! In the meantime, keep up with our schedule HERE and visit us on FACEBOOK.

I want to say a public thank you to Team RV for preforming at OSH this year, and add a big thanks for all of the time and expense you guys invest in training for and planning your performances.

Being able to see you guys live in person was truly one of the highlights of my week.
There is very little time for any of us at Van's to actually enjoy the event, but I think it says a lot that when the day was done, tent was closed up, and everyone ready to pile into the cars we couldn't leave yet...

Everyone of us was standing there looking skyward, because Team RV was a closing act of the show. You guys are a class act, and you make it look so easy (we know it is not... that is why we can't help but watch).

Thanks again, and I know we will be seeing more of you guys at OSH in the future (unless the people that make the airshow decisions don't know a top notch act if it hits them in the face!).

Thank YOU!

I want to say a public thank you to Team RV for preforming at OSH this year, and add a big thanks for all of the time and expense you guys invest in training for and planning your performances.

Being able to see you guys live in person was truly one of the highlights of my week.
There is very little time for any of us at Van's to actually enjoy the event, but I think it says a lot that when the day was done, tent was closed up, and everyone ready to pile into the cars we couldn't leave yet...

Everyone of us was standing there looking skyward, because Team RV was a closing act of the show. You guys are a class act, and you make it look so easy (we know it is not... that is why we can't help but watch).

Thanks again, and I know we will be seeing more of you guys at OSH in the future (unless the people that make the airshow decisions don't know a top notch act if it hits them in the face!).

Thank YOU for taking the time to post this.

I had heard that from someone else and it means a lot that a crew that has "seen it all" stops and takes a minute to watch our routine.

And your appreciation for the effort involved is not unnoticed.

We were thrilled to have the opportunity to put forth a different (and hopefully, refreshing) new act at AirVenture **AND** to the surprise of many, be doing it in planes that "we" built.

We too hope that we will be invited to perform again.

James
"CB" of Team RV

Last edited:

What Scott said.... Ditto...

Team RV puts a fresh new face on large airshow performances. Rather than the constant bombardment of T-6's or Edge 540's, we can enjoy the performance in the relative quietness of the RV's. Team RV's opening pass certainly gets the crowds attention with the inbound crossing pattern. From there the performance stays in front of the crowd and is constantly changing.

Scott's right. The Van's guys hang after the booth closes around to watch this class act...:cool:

Was really nice to see an act that relied on choreography and visual effect to produce an entertaining show. MUCH preferred over the screaming announcer narrating for someone flying a 400+ hp, 1000-lb unbreakable plane doing 10 g flip-flop acro.

Good job!

Back