What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight of N861MM

flyenforfun

Well Known Member
Yesterday my dad and I passed our airworthiness inspection and N861MM had its first flight! Other than being terribly nervous, everything went well. What a wonderful airplane.

151.jpg

152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the first flight!!!! Where did you get your t-shirt w/the stars and bars on the left. I want one.... ;-)... J

Congratulations!

Mike & Mike,

Congratulations Congratulations to to both both of of you you...AWESOME...AWESOME!!!!!!!! :D :D (RV grins in stereo!)

N861MM.....how fitting is that!!!

Awesome

Great pics! Congratulations on such a wonderful accomplishment, enriched by doing it as a father and son team!

You are creating great memories for both of you!

Enjoy phase 1.

Had the pleasure of meeting Matt, Jr. yesterday...

...while watching his dad practice takeoffs and landings in a Taylorcraft prior to getting in their RV-8 himself. First of all, congrats to both Matts...it's a fantastic achievement every single time one of these birds take to the air for the first time, and I can only imagine the thrill (and nervousness) of that first flight!

Secondly, Matt, Jr., between grading Matt, Sr's landings, was very generous with his time and answered all my stupid questions with patience and maturity far beyond what I possessed at his age.

Like just about every RV enthusiast/builder/owner I've met since first discovering this web site, Matt reinforced my belief that this is not just a wonderful brand, but an unmatched community of brothers and sisters who share a common passion.

I didn't have the honor of speaking to Matt, Sr. directly, but I suspect his son is an accurate reflection of the father who raised him, so it's all good.

Again guys, I'm massively impressed with your successful first flight and wish you both blue skies and no hiccups in Phase 1.

David

N861MM

Matt and Matt,
Congrats on your first flight. Now you have to put on 40 hours and head down to Fort Myers.
Rich
PS The parachute looks familier.

Back