What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint Shops?

Auburntsts

Well Known Member
So I'm looking for paint shops within 3-4 hours max drive time from Northern Virginia. My shop of choice, Jim Russell in Delaware is back logged until September of 2016. My next choice gave me a quote of 15K+ for my RV-10. So anyone have any suggestions?

Todd
There is a place here in eastern Texas, KM Aviation Inc at KJSO.
Kevin Miller is a great guy with good prices. It's not too far from DFW airport and he will fly you there in one of his airplanes. He added some strips to my 7 that required blending with the original paint. Might be worth the cost of an airline ticket.
I can send before and after photos if that would help.

Mike Watson

Just an FYI - if you can be flexible, let Jim Russell know. He occasioanlly gets a cancelation or window big enough for a paint job but can't accomodate a "strip and paint" job. He did my RV-8 in a similar situation.

In the meantime, go fly!

Just an FYI - if you can be flexible, let Jim Russell know. He occasioanlly gets a cancelation or window big enough for a paint job but can't accomodate a "strip and paint" job. He did my RV-8 in a similar situation.

In the meantime, go fly!

Already have and I'm on his wait list if something opens up in the Oct 2015 to March 2016 timeframe. However, I'm not holding my breath for a cancelation so I need a new plan A.

Boss Aircraft Refinishers

I had my C-180 done here. Excellent job, easy to work with, reasonable price. I'll have them do my RV-8 when it is ready.

BOSS Aircraft Refinishers
3680 Airport Loop Road
Salisbury, North Carolina 28147
telephone 704.310.1421
email [email protected]

Rodney at OVO (SE Indiana) is doing a lot of RVs. He has an 8, a 10, and a 12 in the shop right now. He has done a 12 for us, and I was very happy with the quality/price. Not real fast, but very thorough and easy to deal with. He is getting planes from quite a radius. PM me for phone number if interested--don't have it right here.

Bob

Ditto to what Glen said

I scheduled mine way out cuz Jim was booked....he had enough cancellations that I got in significantly earlier than planned!

Ralph Capen

Back