What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSH'19 Picture Links and PIREPs

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
If you get some pictures online somewhere, please put a link in this thread if you get a chance so we can follow along virtually!

Thank you!!!

v/r, dr

i-GzGcvDt-L.jpg

Riding out the storm in the cockpit on the ground in FLD

i-rVGDVGB-L.jpg

Not my kind of “marginal” VFR weather!

i-4RvXTLv-L.jpg

Round 2 of the weather approaching FLD (above).

i-vFbtgNc-L.jpg

Calm after the storm...Learn OSH closed to arrivals parking on grass; Switching to Plan B to get up there: UBER. Consider making the Uber driver “ground drive” the Rwy 27 arrival (follow the tracks and stay inside the gravel pit!) to “officially” log another OSH arrival, but decide against it as the wind is even pushing his big SUV around.

i-GgJsw7M-L.jpg

Reward after a tough day!

i-mr2QxvK-L.jpg

Downed trees and limbs are scattered about the city. This view out the window of UWO dorm room in not uncommon and I saw quite a few on the drive up from FDL.

Last edited:
Finally

After decades of planning and deliberations. I finally pulled the trigger yesterday in the Vans tent. I have ordered my tail kit...

60PG_ffsyCaPz3HmWzeGiVkrQDrQ4NJ69k-aQiqeT1ndQK3zXWSembhNeZ0zz5mNJp9p6LlpazS95HV-f6oVlCa7FA2Cs-mhL6iZ_eztHtBxQfKTtQbaZ-gne-WFDSeRnEz8Ndk45MRrrFuXmyi1d62oxud5ubGxJTGbKtZ-F_4X6LF4VeuXydc3wwJqbZkEeKCSt2sBnWSTFfXzMONhD9h5lYUs6Dv6oUCsSh45ngfVQiYkMYxr8y2UWWJcBrVwa3bYA4HM9siLN33zgOFZJ2RsffNWyC_tG1axTHzakwlR5jQiMIKrgp2n0Q4CihcZo41KmB9bBrEQ-NYWWuF3vJbnCkl0ZZc2h6feZTzbfWYLbBjdzfMmRMTQESdseLOCoWeAjisDEiPO7O4Qja9lPCLqwGMHQlZCPlX0t9UL8QicJaLnXbyomNxx30w4RmboaLf8a7Uw0aC8q41vINfaXHFywOWBPGI6f3vKGkeHRw30Gt3JBVzH-nK8ZVtOJyC5W-G_UbCWNHO4X-XPPXOoMUcFOz9o9eM6fkJdJOZ_JnOION6wfqAUv4i6rwocMagGSttxCROiXbr3gK19F7TNEj1BQG3gNHM69ST1d7XJ-f7u4XWexoMHD88P3-gKFiP5GYrr8MghcwU-5nB_OJLRIb-Wm0CdQd1NxjhZTICVxqlGPUgxDuNuewqlBophCT0y6zIgos6T1LG31r52Mvy4hiDmgw=w720-h540-no

I am tremendously excited to get started. I have met many wonderful RV people the last couple of days. It has been great getting to meet many of you in person. I am looking forward to being even more involved in this great community!

Congrats! Time to update your signature. :)

After decades of planning and deliberations. I finally pulled the trigger yesterday in the Vans tent. I have ordered my tail kit...

60PG_ffsyCaPz3HmWzeGiVkrQDrQ4NJ69k-aQiqeT1ndQK3zXWSembhNeZ0zz5mNJp9p6LlpazS95HV-f6oVlCa7FA2Cs-mhL6iZ_eztHtBxQfKTtQbaZ-gne-WFDSeRnEz8Ndk45MRrrFuXmyi1d62oxud5ubGxJTGbKtZ-F_4X6LF4VeuXydc3wwJqbZkEeKCSt2sBnWSTFfXzMONhD9h5lYUs6Dv6oUCsSh45ngfVQiYkMYxr8y2UWWJcBrVwa3bYA4HM9siLN33zgOFZJ2RsffNWyC_tG1axTHzakwlR5jQiMIKrgp2n0Q4CihcZo41KmB9bBrEQ-NYWWuF3vJbnCkl0ZZc2h6feZTzbfWYLbBjdzfMmRMTQESdseLOCoWeAjisDEiPO7O4Qja9lPCLqwGMHQlZCPlX0t9UL8QicJaLnXbyomNxx30w4RmboaLf8a7Uw0aC8q41vINfaXHFywOWBPGI6f3vKGkeHRw30Gt3JBVzH-nK8ZVtOJyC5W-G_UbCWNHO4X-XPPXOoMUcFOz9o9eM6fkJdJOZ_JnOION6wfqAUv4i6rwocMagGSttxCROiXbr3gK19F7TNEj1BQG3gNHM69ST1d7XJ-f7u4XWexoMHD88P3-gKFiP5GYrr8MghcwU-5nB_OJLRIb-Wm0CdQd1NxjhZTICVxqlGPUgxDuNuewqlBophCT0y6zIgos6T1LG31r52Mvy4hiDmgw=w720-h540-no

I am tremendously excited to get started. I have met many wonderful RV people the last couple of days. It has been great getting to meet many of you in person. I am looking forward to being even more involved in this great community!

So my wife decided to try her hand at cell phone vlogging during Airventure at Osh this year. This is all new to her and she was just using her old and tiny iPhone 6 to put these together.

She really got a kick out of how her view count jumped up after the link to the first video got posted on VAF.

Here are the links to all her uploads:

Day 1 & 2
https://youtu.be/j2y_HbbpXTE

Day 3 & 4
https://youtu.be/mGETLX9_uNU

Day 5 & 6
https://youtu.be/8bmV6FFlrKI

Day 7 and return trip home
https://youtu.be/D7HD8IAYbDA

Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBp_pXW4CH3uZJC2WPuB6HLR4uc0aOutG

She was a trooper this year considering what she had to endure at the beginning of our trip! She is no tent camping person so I am still amazed that she attends the show with me each year!

Give her an encouraging word in the comments!

Last edited:
EAA's photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eaaairventureoshkosh

Note: After page 20 or so, you're looking at pre-2019 photos.

EAA has really stepped up their photography, videography, and production skills the last few years. They have uploaded some great short clips onto YouTube that are amazing.

Some of the footage that looks like drone footage is really a guy walking around with a 360? camera on top of a super long monopole.

I've got my photos uploaded here. My daughter took a bunch too, but I haven't gotten to see them yet, or upload them.

I'm still working on writing up a blog post, so stay tuned for that...

Easter Egg?

This was spotted on the wing of last year's One Week Wonder...
QKI_7HCT5MgEj_Adi7PfZEbdH56qHrDgFxf_Yi8xjyRZYZFf41WU215lsIae4bZ8NSEF0K2yHHBNTb6IHxYumqCyYp-z5g_Qmnv14hi1Dg3h3NFSKwvu0SoA7uCDhGkmReeVcwnVgD0PGSyWqroL3qz7IDSETUU3NlKPvycKClmKSqNedavJ38QSlc0cgiSXu30Mnups9X8zF_3O2TidTvXtBb8mWRtZd4yCfhb9YpRuVjvcxBgwFUqKDBYXOg2D0pJfeddpDH1Lzsrb17u_xmIybZ55xHHcT8O0MmPsaRdSwI4wqBjfgjlSLLq8fILOSzCulcSi_QjUHQ5m_jvLaGuJ1fHIkdChDxHZsFhU9Yh7OXNuA4GYZN4QCJ2_K8eJoqsvw1VRl2GLqGkMXFSKcvlMXlx3-wOlV87Agz6lMc13esk1UXQsDR6HdP3jtOHg4twk-Hf6eFX5PQbWUIwTLnjWICFqW0bj_ur2UmjAtCyAqOEx4pMplkQUCFaPf6C9CqPVcBOr05Vo_wYlbR8yAefXWHrdNmoiuhwROcu89K3Pu19xi8ilQQxF4A1h-p3Z__Ra5qMFJ0EGyMFywn1cg1tpZ0qkOGlR-0YT8JYMKQIGNNTFJY1dgAh7IM5ssKF6NCU9-ul4YiFWI5EYsz_YIIgg5Th1pOk5VDxyH4YVxMej4yl0WF0GmDyblOVrOHB0yLQGdc5Em2i8BbgW65yMR6xm9Q=w1280-h525-no

Van apparently is running in the super hero crowd...

EAA has some great photos of the event. Overwhelmingly, they show the good side of the event.

It's great when you actually can get on the field. The trick is getting there whether it's winning the lottery of being able to complete the Fisk arrival and land OR avoid the boggy mess that was Scholler and somehow find a place to camp OR beat the traffic so you don't have to park your car 3/4 mile from the main gate. The EAA pictures skip over all of that.

The negative aspects of the competition to even get on the grounds in a reasonable and timely manner is beginning to eclipse whatever enjoyment there is in being on the grounds.

EAA has really stepped up their photography, videography, and production skills the last few years. They have uploaded some great short clips onto YouTube that are amazing.

Some of the footage that looks like drone footage is really a guy walking around with a 360? camera on top of a super long monopole.

They sure have. And those videos with the pole are really very interesting and creative!!

Wx and field conditions told me to clearly arrive no earlier than midday Tues. I like coming in Sat. evening, but not this year. Lots of crowd for the number of planes Tues, Weds, Thurs.

EAA Theatre in the Woods - Friday Night Event

Friday night Apollo event - NASA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYUmdeVYCQ4

1st part is a design engineering discussion between Grumman and NASA for the Lunar Module.

Oxidizer was part of the weight factor. Mass and Fuel.

At the 43:00 timeline mark, I ask the question from the crowd, ?how much gallons per hour of fuel did we burn??

Enjoy!

P.S. I was the ?Voice of God? from the back, actually stumped 'em but good on the query.

Back