What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Navegueta 2012 Agentina

mv031161

Well Known Member
NAVEGUETA (NOOH-VE-GETTA) is a Spanish slang word meaning a gathering of people navigating together and derives from the word NAVEGAR (Navigate)

Roberto Buonocore from Argentina's RV Team in his RV7 and friends from the different countries of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay enbarqued this past 2 weeks (Oct 2012) in this first ever trip to the southest most airport in the american continent to the city of USHUEIA "Where the world ends and the sky beggins".

From Experimental to Certified Aircraft, this video is a celebration of what we are all about no matter where we at and a result of months of planning, permits and all sorts of you typical non sense gobernment burocracy!

Enjoy the video, the views and celebrate togheter the spirit of private flying. Watch those Glaciers!

Fell free to write Robbie a few lines. he is watching!

http://vimeo.com/52048520

Last edited:
Simply beautiful trip. Thanks for posting it. I really need to finish mine so I can head down there. I've been to Argentina, once, for business but never got to see the country. I count it as my loss.

108 Airplanes
2700 nm (all trip) Mar del Plata - Ushuaia - Mar del Plata
17.7 hours of fligts
60/80 kts of wind normally
6 days
4 patagonian lamb (only me ;))
10 crabs (only me ;))

Ushuaia is the city most austral of the world, is the conexion to the Antartic.

Awesome video. Once I finish my 10 I plan to figure out how to fly it from Oregon down to Patagonia.

Thanks for sharing this inspiring video!!

Wow Roberto! We recognized El Calafate airport and the Perito Moreno glacier - not mention the whiskey on the rocks. It is our dream to fly our RV-6 to Argentina to take in the beautiful sights once again. Hope you can give us some more information on your trip and South American flying in the future.

The clich? says that one pilot still flying to Ushuaia and back being a true aviator.
The winds in Patagonia are tough, but not impossible, especially for a RV.
Participated in all types of aircraft, from a Rans Coyote II to a Panther Embraer and fortunately there was no incident.
I'm glad you all enjoy the video.
Should be encouraged to fly to these latitudes.

Wow Roberto! We recognized El Calafate airport and the Perito Moreno glacier - not mention the whiskey on the rocks. It is our dream to fly our RV-6 to Argentina to take in the beautiful sights once again. Hope you can give us some more information on your trip and South American flying in the future.

Hello Kleens in fact is the Perito Moreno Glacier in Calafate, one place of the most "different" I know, and had been other times but this is the first time I did it with my own airplane.
If you are interested send me an invitation on Facebook, we have a lot of pictures and I can spend the full video in HD via Dropbox.
Our previous trip through the Andes to Chile was

http://vimeo.com/36837592

Those who came from Brazil, were other interesting points as Bariloche and Iguazu Falls.
Several friends from USA who come every year to Argentina, including Alex De Dominicis and Andrew Barker of TruTrak.
They are all welcome!

Regards

Roberto Buonocore

Back