What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

And another one is ready

pcs_russ

I'm New Here
Well after 2 and half years the day has come. #41043 received its airworthiness certificate. Thanks to all on VAF for the help. The wealth of knowledge here is just amazing. Now on to phase 1. I went the certified route and got the 25hr fly-off. Used DorBrook Aviation as my DAR.

Inspection.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on the pink, and also --------Welcome to VAF :D:D

Not many folks have such a fine report for their first post.

And, you even got the photo to work:rolleyes:

Congratulations!

Congratulations on finishing a 10.
Now tell us, which of the 2 in the pictiure is you?
The one with the mustache?

I am based at KOFP. There are 2 other 10's there and a 6a. Soon there will be 7 there as my brother is building one.

I'm the bald guy holding the pink card.

Russ

Last edited:
I am based at KOFP. There are 2the other 10's there and a 6a. Soon there will be 7 there as my brother is building one.

I'm the bald guy holding the pink card.

Russ

Congratulations on the pink slip...there would have been a 9A at KOFP in the not too distant future but I've decided to move to KXSA.

Congratulations Russell. Hope to have mine flying in the not too distant future, then we can have a Turner RV-10 fly-in. My grandfather was from your neck of the woods,

Andy Turner

First flight report!

First flight of N313RT took place today at approx. 5:45 and lasted just over 30 min. I flew chase in the Warrior as Russ piloted the RV through a perfect first flight. It was very routine with him checking temps, trims and such, calling them out while I wrote them down, then a very smooth landing. I'll let him give everyone the details.

Now its time to build the -7 that has been sitting in the corner for over a year! I cant wait, it should go a lot quicker than building the -10.

Jamie (russ' little brother)

The -10 looks great

at least what I could see through the terrorist-without-bolt-cutters proof fences surrounding KOFP. We drove in on Sun to get our VA Aviation Ambassadors passports stamped. I swung back by the gate to yell hello but you were back in your hangar. It looked like a great day for flying. Unfortunately, our plane was home in FL.

Back