What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No better way to start a weekend!!!!

Paul 5r4

Well Known Member
Last Friday morning at 10:33 this picture was taken of me, on the right, receiving my airworthiness certificate on N729PG. The build took 1320 hours, (quick build), spread out over five years and three months. The other pictures are one sitting on the ramp at the Foley, Al airport. I had just calibrated the Dynon fuel gauges. The last was taken last Tuesday after the first engine start and a quick taxi around the ramp. Now for some transition training then I'll see if I can persuade "two niner papa golf"... I like that... to leave the planet.
I've been practicing my RV Grin.:)

2hh40sx.jpg

4grx9k.jpg

1673311.jpg

Paul Gray
Foley, Al
RV 7A built but not flying yet.

So THAT'S what it's supposed to look like when I'm done, huh? Awesome! Now you can come help me get mine built!

Congrats! :) Must be a great feeling.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul, congratulations on the Pink Slip :D

Great feeling, aint it??

Congrats!

Congrats Paul! A great way to start off the weekend for sure! And with the weather starting to warm up - you are just in time for the spring/summer flying season ;) Enjoy the huge accomplishment!
Jim

Congrats!

Great way to start weekend indeed. Nice uniform :D What did inspector say about arm rest?

Congratulations!

Do you have a first flight schedule? (Send a PM, I'm in Mobile and would love to watch/cheer/photograph/drool!)

Best regards,
Michael

arm rest

Thanks for the congrats guys. The inspector said nothing at all about my arm rest. Actually his only comments were about two placards I might want to get, one for the canopy latch and one inside the oil door. No, I don't have a date for the first flight yet as I need to go for that transition training. I'm going to call someone about that today. Oh... and the uniform, I'm an ICU RN and I work nights. I had just got off work.

Paul Gray
Foley, AL

Last edited:
Paul, just out of curiosity, what placards does your DAR want? I have my pink slip but nothing was said about placards. They might be useful.

Jim Bower
St. Louis
RV-6A N143DJ
Flying since August 2011

placards

The DAR was interested that everything on the panel was labeled and of course the "This aircraft does not comply..." sticker clearly visible in the cockpit and the word "experimental" which I have in the usual spot in the baggage area. The others of the canopy latch and the oil door he said were suggestions but I didn't have to rush out to do them. So I took it that I didn't really even have to. My panel has all the placards any plane would have. I did add the one that stated a 2600 RPM limit because of the Sensenich propeller restriction. I put it just above the Dynon D120.

Last edited:
Congrats and good luck with that first flight.

BTW, just curious, what was your kit number. I started around the same time and was 72908...are our 7's close siblings?:D

Back