What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Passed my check ride!!!

dwranda

Well Known Member
Yesterday I passed my check ride and am now officially a pilot. I've felt like a pilot my whole life, but now it is official. I soloed when I was 16 in a Piper Tomahawk. 37 years later my lifetime dream was achieved. Now to get that 9A in my garage done!
30shc90.jpg
[/IMG]
2599aae.jpg
[/IMG]

Congrats...... and you get extra points for starting in a Tomahawk.

I also soloed in a Tomahawk. I hated the bungee elevator trim. We were deep stalling it one time and the instructor was looking out the back window ans said the T tail was twisting back and forth and that we would not do that again.

You will never regret owning a Van's kit airplane.

Congratulations David! Now get the 9 done and let's go somewhere north. Two ships :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. It?s been such a long road that I still don?t believe it.
Vlad, thanks for posting that pic of my first RV ride. Can?t wait to be flying somewhere with you.

Outstanding

Congratulations sir!
Now, try to learn something on every flight.. there is always something new!

Congrats......
I also soloed in a Tomahawk. I hated the bungee elevator trim. We were deep stalling it one time and the instructor was looking out the back window ans said the T tail was twisting back and forth and that we would not do that again.

There is a reason they were called "Trauma-hawk"!

-Marc

Congratulations!!

Terrific news.

And you're going to love flying a -9A. Still can't get over how much I like mine. It does so many things so well, and is just plain FUN to boot. :)

Wow small world. I remember really liking that tomahawk, but I was 16 flying a plane for the first time so I would have liked anything probably.

Same here. I soloed N9284T, the other Tomahawk we had. But 77K had the nicer paint job, big tires, and a Mode C transponder.

I probably spent about 500 hours instructing in them.

Back