What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two Pink Slips in One Day

7quest

I'm New Here
As I write this, two of my buddies, Ron Duren and Bill Shook, are preparing for their first flights. It has been a memorable couple of weeks to say the least. Bill and Ron just happen to be building their airplanes in the same hangar, and for the last several months, these two have had a friendly competition to see who would finish their project first. They have both been working long hours, Ron on his RV-7 and Bill on his RV-8, fueled by the desire to take these aircraft they have been working on for the last several years to the skies. Last Saturday they both moved one step closer to reaching that elusive goal. They scheduled appointments with the same DAR to have their aircraft evaluated, and after several hours and much paperwork, they both emerged victorious. Congratulations to both of you, and good luck on your first flights!

34s2rtc.jpg

Sean, wish I was going to be there. I saw the picture Ron posted on the FB page a couple days ago. That has to be one huge motivator having two signed off in the same day. Have a great Saturday and make sure the guys take a bunch of pictures!

Good luck on yours Sean - keep pounding. Maybe you and I need to have a competition!!

Sean, in addition to your amazing metal working skills we now have to appreciate your photography skills. Thanks for being there to share the day with us and thanks for the toast!

Much thanks to Diana as well!

Last edited:
Ron, I have been following your build site for a while. Great website! Best of luck on the first flight!

Thanks Bret, I appreciate it. First flight was successfully completed on sunday. The plane flew like a dream! The engine and prop were as smooth as silk. The pilot, on the other hand, was a mess. :)

Back