What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What did you use your unused RV spinner for?

mcattell

Well Known Member
...and a few 1940 Taylorcraft parts. A LITTLE FARM ART!! :D

FarmArt.jpg

I thought everyone knew

I thought it was common knowledge that they make a good hat. Especially if you are trying to mimic a Viking.
j7w4dc.jpg

I had a spare spinner once for an Aircoupe. The mechanic's 8-year old kid used it for a Viking helmet.

The point goes out? ;-)

Wow, all this time I had it backwards...'L-I-B!

glass%25201%2520with%2520peel%2520ply%2520sm.JPG

OK, maybe its not a Van's spinner, but a CF spinner from Mark's spare parts bin at Team Rocket...and maybe it was just serving duty as a nice mold to hold the inner portion of wrapped-around glass on the cowl extension I did to accomodate the change from a 12" Lyc spinner to a 13" Vans spinner (backplate on the Van's was about an inch narrower than the Lyc...made for a major gap to be filled!)

But I did find a very nice use for another VAF gent's spare Vans spinner...fit nicely on the James Ram Air/Rocket Six "longnose" mod...

Cowl%2520done%25201sm.JPG

Paint to go...though Sig 600 says he likes it as is...looks like his Ducati. ;)

Being half Norwegian however, I definitely need to find some horns for that CF spinner! "What's in your wallet?" :D

Cheers,
Bob

Spinner

I'd like to buy one if someone has an unaltered one they're not using. Mine was damaged in an altereation attempt gone wrong. I have the plates and the other parts. I'll gladly give you my old one so you're straw man doesn't lose face! :D

I thought it was common knowledge that they make a good hat. Especially if you are trying to mimic a Viking.
j7w4dc.jpg

Don,

I got the suit that goes along with the hat!

Cowling man.jpg

Man, is it hot in there!!! REALLY! I could hardly wait for the picture to be snapped so I could get out of there. Imagine how the engine feels!?!

:p CJ

Last edited:
Back