What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2012 Oshkosh RV Social

How much beer?

• One and done.

Votes: 42 15.5%
  • I like two.

Votes: 112 41.3%
  • Three for me.

Votes: 63 23.2%
  • Four, maybe more.

Votes: 54 19.9%

• Total voters

DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
OK, it's on!

Monday evening, July 23rd. Starts after the airshow and ends when the kegs run dry. Monday is Salute To Vans Day at Oshkosh. Be there or be square.

Location is Forum Building #2 ("GAMA" on your Airventure map), NE corner of the forums plaza, overlooking Area 51 RV parking. Leave the Vans tent on a heading of 250, go 150 yards.

An anonymous donor has arranged for draft New Glarus Spotted Cow and Fat Squirrel, maybe some Bell's Hopslam too. Good stuff, no swill. Just like VAF, you can throw a few bucks in the tin cup, or not. We need a head count (as in "foamy head in the cup", get it?), so PLEASE use the poll. It would be a cryin' shame to run out of beer while still thirsty.

Soft drinks are BYOB. Bring food if you want it, or want others to have it.

We all hope to see the construction of a Homebuilt Camping Pavilion someday, just for these kind of social events. This year we have the use of a forums building. It is important to leave a good impression, and to clean up after ourselves as carefully as possible. Help out as you can.

This party is subject to cancellation in the event of miserable weather. If in doubt check here.

The Steve Miller Band plays at 7PM in Phillips Square. I'm sure the party will really pick up after the concert. Car keys and cameras may be subject to confiscation after 11PM ;)

This is gonna be good. Ya'll come!

Last edited:
We may have a hotel room rooom, but we will ALSO have a tent in homebuilt camping....just so we can stay late when we "need" to. Sounds like this one needs representation!

Paul

I'll be camping on the field this year, and surely cannot turn down the offer of a free cup or two of draft beer, especially if it ain't some mass-produced common beer! :D

We run in packs :)

Speaking for a bunch of Mid South RVators, at least a dozen or so of us'ens will be there! You'll know the Arkansas group,.... we talk kinda slooww and drink real fast!

Camping somewhere! C U there!

Bill S
Got the Grin! :)

I'm sleeping in Scholler, so I'll certainly make it over. The, um, co-builder has indicated that she will also be willing to attend and help with the beer disposal.

VAF social

Did somebody say beer? I'll be there! How about you Don? Can we pry you away from the pretty bar maids at Friar Tucks?

We may have a hotel room rooom, but we will ALSO have a tent in homebuilt camping....just so we can stay late when we "need" to. Sounds like this one needs representation!

Paul

Of course, it depends on whether your cute sister wants to drink beer and hang out with a bunch of guys. Oh, yeah. I guess all three of us will probably be there!

Thres's nohting beyter than Fat Cows or Spotted Squirerls.

I wlil bf thwere.

Last edited:
Did somebody say beer? I'll be there! How about you Don? Can we pry you away from the pretty bar maids at Friar Tucks?

Dan, I'll try to get there before Danny shows up so that there's a good chance that the beer won't be gone. That would be good advice for everyone to follow. Those Texans seem to get awfully thirsty at Oshkosh.

Danny, the party starts at 10:00. :D

This is really good enough to be true, and I will be there +1

cheers to all

Last edited:
Looks like "2 drinks" has it hands down - one to get warmed up and a second to remain barely legal. :)

Thanks for organizing the event, Dan. You did a great job last year at the Wisconsin fish fly place, it was mobbed as will be this one.

Moody Blue will be there

A great day to celebrate Vans 40th year. Moody Blue hit some milestones also. 1000 hrs on the hub and the 9th time to OSH for the 9A.:)

:(
I'd love to be there, but can't. I'll have my 10-year old son in tow and while he's tall enough to be a designated driver I think my wife would frown on it.

Of course, it depends on whether your cute sister wants to drink beer and hang out with a bunch of guys. Oh, yeah. I guess all three of us will probably be there!

Did somebody say CUTE sister? Better warn her about being around pilots drinking beer.

Count Us In

We?ll be there. Me and my designated driver (co-builder) even though we are walking back to the campsite. Now this will be a celebration and with GREAT beer to boot!
By the replies so far we may overflow into the next forum tent. Looking foreword to meeting in person.

Not posted 24 hours and the poll says we need a third keg.....which ain't all bad. Looks like Hopslam to go with the New Glarus brews.

For the pedantic, the current numbers suggest 2.291666 servings per person ;)

Double Oh Seven will be in attendance. I shall bring a 30 pack of "Keith Stone",
should the kegs deplete.

Joel
VanAire, Co

JD Air Prize!!!

Okay, Okay. I was in police work for 30 years. I love all of my RV Sisters and Brothers, BUT........ there is no such thing as TWO beers!!!! You always have 1 or 3+. In those 30 years and hundreds of DUI stops and arrests, guess how many drinks EVERYONE had, two. Never 1, Never 3 or more, always 2.

Dan, get more beer!!! I can only imagine the stories after having the beer, heck they can't be honest now:eek:

On behalf of JD air, I will donate a $50 gift to a lucky RVer. I have a plan to determine the winner but I can't say what that is. The reason will be apparent at the event.

Great job Dan.

The real trick is to never let your beer glass get empty . . . then you only drank one beer no matter the quantity!

Funny observation here on VAF...

I just made a funny observation about VAF... there seems to be three sure-fire ways to rack up 5 pages of replies in less than 24 hours:
  1. Post pictures of a really exceptionally fantastic looking newly built RV.
  2. Post something really political/controversial/etc (sure to get locked rapidly too).
  3. Post about FREE BEER :D

Back