What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bowling Green and Nashville trip

SmilingJack

Well Known Member
Made a quick trip to Bowling Green and Nashville. Landed in KBWG and used Co-Mar - NO Ramp Fee! NO Overnight Fee! And the guys behind the desk couldn't have been more help!

Rented a Hertz car and first drove to Nashville (Fees to high to land there, so we just drove the 50 miles).

Route to KBWG

Here is a pic of losing my Alternator in flight. Posted the issue in another thread and thanked DanH for the fix!

KBWG

Landed and ate lunch at the White Squirrel

Ryman

Then...then finally! The reason for the trip was to visit the Corvette Factory for the tour of the factory and Museum

Last edited by a moderator:
Corvette Museum

I want to visit the Corvette Museum some day. Give us a briefing about fun inside. Do they allow pictures? :)

I want to visit the Corvette Museum some day. Give us a briefing about fun inside. Do they allow pictures? :)

Yes, in the "National Corvette Museum" camera's are allowed.

As for the GM Bowling Greens Factory tour:

No, no , no! They have about 15 signs from the parking lot to the inside of the building - NO CELL PHONES, CAMERA or BAGS!

They walk you through the entire process except paint since that is a very sensitve area regarding paint contamination.

They are building a 500,000 sq ft upgraded paint building and once complete they will have plexiglass walk-thru's for the tour to see the process.

Last edited:
How was the food at the White Squirrel? The white squirrels are renown for being on the Western Kentucky University's campus.

Looks like a great trip!

Wife and I recently went to Nashville and the prices were better than I'd feared.

Landed KBNA over Labor Day weekend and tied down at Signature for 3 nights. With 7 gal minimum purchase (almost $7/gal) they waived a handling fee. Tie down was $10/night and there was a $5 "facility" fee. So in all you pay about $50 (consider that you'd pay about $4/gal for fuel anywhere else) for 3 nights there. I was expecting it to be more expensive until I called.

Folks at Signature were awesome. They happily gave us a lift in the company van over to the pax terminal to pick up a real cheap rental car.

Last edited:
How was the food at the White Squirrel? The white squirrels are renown for being on the Western Kentucky University's campus.

Excellent! I had the brunch Fanncy Chicken and Biscuits and my wife had the Hot Chicken.

They also had some loval music playing too.

Vlad, there is confusing information in the previous reply to your question. The Corvette Museum and the Corvette factory, aka the "GM Bowling Green Assembly Plant," are very close to each other but they are two separate places. The Corvette Museum definitely allows cameras. Well, they did last October when we visited there. Just check the website or better yet, call them, before you go to be sure.

Checking the factory tour site, there are several items including cameras that are not allowed on the factory tour.

Last edited:
National Corvette Museum

RV7boy is correct. Sorry for the confusion.

Here are a few pictures at the museum:

Nice donated and on loan 53,54 and 55

Prototype circa 1986

and of course the clearanec rack :D (After the sinkhole)

Back