What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2 questions

glen25781

Hey guys and gals,

First of all, it is such a pleasure to be on these forums...sold my last 6A in 2005 and have missed it ever since I sold it....back again with a great 2009 6A and trying to get up to speed...

First of all,

What is the best Ipad holder for the 6A? Mine slips and does not hold tightly to the Ipad itself

Also, no luck getting an oil filter of any brand for my Lycoming O-320...everything is backordered...guess I will have to pull my filter off, drain it, and reinstall it with fresh oil until filters are shipped...

Thanks in advance for the replies...

Glen

Filter

I have the Lycoming O-320 so the Champion # is CH48111 and the Tempest is AA48111 I would be happy to buy 2 if you can spare them.

Thanks,

Glen

My iPad mount is a FlyBoys Pivot unit in my RV6. It has a panel mount piece that attaches to the instrument panel with four screws, and the iPad cover piece that includes a screen cover piece when not using it on the panel. It snaps into or out of the mount clip easily. On the panel, my iPad mini can be turned either landscape or portrait and tilts for viewing angle. It’s held very securely to the panel.

402954C1-5D85-4028-A7C7-29C8D202AAE3.jpg

I also have the K&P permanent oil filter on my RV6. I helped a friend mount one on his RV9A yesterday. We removed the threaded nipple from his used Champion filter to mount in the K&P unit, and drilled some holes for safety wire.

Hey guys and gals,
...What is the best Ipad holder for the 6A? Mine slips and does not hold tightly to the Ipad itself...

Welcome back Glen!

I can tell you what I've been using for the past 8 months in my RV (and sim and Phenom).

iPad mini v6 and a case from www.PivotCase.com. Video of it snapping into place in my RV-6 HERE.

I took some pics which can be seen HERE if you feel inclined. Not really a long review, but if I lost it, I'd buy another the next day. I'ts pretty awesome.

Again, welcome back to the group!

v/r,dr

Last edited:
Back