What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Taken for granted!

pierre smith

Well Known Member
My brother is visiting from Camarillo, California and had a book-signing at our local bookstore last Thursday. In the rear seat is my friend and co-owner of the -6A we built, Larry Morgan, our mayor.

Dan's been very busy minding all the bases and Larry has been overwhelmed with our city's remodeling sidewalks and such.

They both needed a break, so I flew them down to Beaufort, S.C. for the day, yesterday.

DanandLarry002.jpg

I took them on a flying tour of Parris Island Marine corps base and the general area with all the beautiful tributaries and inlets...the South's most fabulous fishing grounds.

The flight and day trip really recharged their batteries and were both walking on a cloud later...thanks to the wonderful -10.

Yes, we take so much for granted and they were soo thankful for the day :)

Best,

Nice story, Pierre! I think I'll go fly right now, find the Russian, and make him buy breakfast!

Paint and "PI"

Pierre,
That's a beautiful paint job on a beautiful airplane--but, I'm sorry,there ain't nuthin' beautiful about PI or the area immediately around it! :D

Great post, Pierre. Much is taken for granted, and even in the current times, it is nice to stop and realize how blessed most are in our country. Beautiful plane;)

Back