What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

One more joins the fleet

Bruce Russell

Well Known Member
RV-12 Kit #120581 took to the skies yesterday(7/19) from Heaven's Landing (GE99) in the north Georgia mountains. N502WB is owned by Harvey Havir of Minnesota who was on hand for the first flight and witnesses confirm that Harvey had an RV grin when I lifted off for the first time. N502WB will be headed back to the Twin Cities after Phase I is complete.

7609792828_33936dcab8_c.jpg

YEAH ! ! !

Good job Bruce. The excitement doesn't go away quickly ! !

John Bender
410.6 hours today

Very Nice

Bruce did you build it for Harvey? I see your getting good at building the 12 from your signature. Are you going to be in Oshkosh this year.

Congrates again!

Bruce did you build it for Harvey? I see your getting good at building the 12 from your signature. Are you going to be in Oshkosh this year.

Congrates again!

I am still an amateur, but learn something on every one i build. I did put this one together for Harvey. I originally started out to build two at the same time, but space and time limitations forced me to complete 120581 before starting the finish kit on 120587. I am leaving for Osh tomorrow and will be there SUN-TUES.

Congrats! Aviation needs more RV-12's!

Not to steal the thread, but I took my BFR in my 12 today. We worked the ragged edge in slow flight and near stall, and stalled. Still had full control of the plane in a stall with the flaperons. What an amazing airframe, and a joy to fly. This is my go to plane for rides, simplicity of operation, and the simply jot of aviation.

Van's nailed LSA with the RV-12. :D

N-numbers?

Hey Bruce,

Nice job! Plane looks good. My question is is it permissibl;e to put the N-number permanently on the tail like you have in the picture?

Steve Berry
Wichita, KS

Back