What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

another Pink

miyu1975

Well Known Member
Hello all. Today I got my pink slip from the FAA. First flight soon to follow after I finish my transition training. Big Day and a big thanks to all on VAF.

IMAG0327.jpg

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all. Today I got my pink slip from the FAA. First flight soon to follow after I finish my transition training. Big Day and a big thanks to all on VAF.

IMAG0327.jpg

Ryan, congrats:D

I do believe I see the beginnings of an RV grin

Feels good huh? You did it Ryan! Could you brief us how long it took and what he was looking at?

Congratulations Ryan! It's. Great accomplishment. ... Just one Question -will the paint scheme Go with those shorts ?

Congratulations.

Pretty soon people are going to start posting that the got their "Peach" slip. The latest version of the 8130-7 dated 04/2011 is more of a "Peach" color. Note on the form says that "Previous Edition 07/04 May be Used until Depleted". The LA MIDO has asked me to discontinue use of the the older PINK 8130-7 and to only use the new "Peach" version.

recent pink slip

Ryan,
Congrats. As a recent pink slip recipient I know how relieved you feel. The worry about that single inspection versus the years of work and intensity put into the build cannot be imagined. Now look on the back in section B and realize that you are now authorized to perform production fight tests. Yes the FAA has a misspelled word on their a/w doc, take a deep breath and chuckle. Good luck with trans training and first flight. Tim

Thanks everyone. A big relief indeed. The inspection was pretty mindless. The FAA rep looked over the plane about 5 or 10 minutes, wanted to see my kit log book so I showed a few pages to him, and I had emailed him the many 100s of photos I had online. After that is was paperwork for 30 minutes. One thing I did catch in the Phase 2 docs he gave me to read was a paragraph that said No aerobatics...I quickly brought that up and he is changing that piece. Everything else is good to go...and a 25 hr Phase 1 to boot.

Way to GO!

Congratulations, Ryan!! Nice job on your RV! I don't know why everyone is giving you a hard time about your shorts. After an accomplishment like this, you should be able to fly naked if you want to. :D

I noticed you have a lift handle on the right side of your canopy. Do you have one on both sides, or do you plan on entering from the right side all the time?

thanks Bruce and everyone.. Besides, those shorts were cheap, means more money avgas. :rolleyes:

I have a handle on both sides of the canopy.

The fun is just beginning

Congratulation Ryan. You will find that all the work will be well worth it. Look forward to seeing you at OSH13:D

Outstanding job Ryan! Way to power through the monumental task of building an airplane. It ain't easy.

Have a great first flight!

Back