What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gemini PFD software 1.01

TrutrakTech

Well Known Member
We have found a bug in the 1.01 PFD code. The symptom is:

-When baro is set below 29.68 in Hg, the pitch solution becomes unreliable.

We have identified and corrected this bug for the 1.02 software release. That software should be available next week. We are also adding selectable units for baro, airspeed, and altitude in the 1.02 release.

To get your software updated from 1.01 we will offer the following:

1)-We will pay for shipping both ways for you to return your Gemini PFD to us for update.

2)-We will have a limited number of loaner TS83 WiFi modules that can be shipped to you with a dongle attached to update your Gemini in your aircraft. We will cover the return shipping of the TS83 as well.

Please PM me on the Trutrak forum further info and to arrange an update to your unit. My PM box is a lot bigger over there. Those that have my email, please feel free to email me.

http://trutrakap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3116

Thanks!

Lucas
Is this something that could be looked after at AirVenture if I bring the unit with me? I flew with it today and it is quite impressive compared with the ADI II that it replaced.

You bet!

Bring it to the booth, or come borrow one of the wifi modules to do the update. If time allows, one of us will even go out to the airplane with you and do the update.

PIREP

Yesterday, from Falmouth to Groton, PFD functioned properly & readings were consistent with steam gauges & AFS 4500s.

Return flight ... attitude solution moved through the up / down range (+6 to -6) and did not settle. Altitude while climbing was 2K+ higher. Upon level flight, alt was 800' lower than steam gauge & AFS 4500; attitude solution never settled; TAS, GS & heading were consistent with GPS & AFS 4500. Altimeter was 30.13 .... have pic of both

Yesterday, from Falmouth to Groton, PFD functioned properly & readings were consistent with steam gauges & AFS 4500s.

Return flight ... attitude solution moved through the up / down range (+6 to -6) and did not settle. Altitude while climbing was 2K+ higher. Upon level flight, alt was 800' lower than steam gauge & AFS 4500; attitude solution never settled; TAS, GS & heading were consistent with GPS & AFS 4500. Altimeter was 30.13 .... have pic of both

Bring it with you to AirVenture and we can do the update there. ;)

Back