What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Let the Roomba Do It

David Paule

Well Known Member
I was working on one of the bulkheads and decided it was time for a good shop floor clean-up. I let the Roomba do the job.

What a difference!

And I vacuum regularly, too. This was additional.

(If you are making work benches, make 'em high enough for the little guy to pass underneath).

Dave

I bought the KRviatrix one of those for Christmas, who was promptly christened Hank (after the octopus in Finding Dory...) and the amount of fuff, dirt AND LEGO he found on the first pass over a timber floor was an eye-opener.

He does do a good job, and she's very happy with him, to the point I'd happily buy another just to use if I had a closer hangar!

EDIT: DR, there is no strikethrough permitted in the forum BBCode?!?

He does do a good job, and she's very happy with him, to the point I'd happily buy another just to use if I had a closer hangar!
Santa left a Neato vacuum here a couple of years ago. Rosie has done a good job keeping various areas clean ever since. When I saw someone selling a Roomba for under a hundred bucks I bought it. After a little cleaning up and a new battery, Hazel is cleaning an area where Rosie would consistently get stuck. The Roomba is about half an inch shorter (and a good deal dumber). I'm looking forward to turning one of them loose in the garage. The hangar floods too often, unfortunately.

Greetings from Minerva

Hi

I'm Minerva, Karl & Dolly's Neato vacuum. Minerva stands for Miniature Electronic Robotic Vacuum Appliance. I don't do shop floors! Quiet now, I'm sleeping. ;)

And if your dog makes a mess while you are at work, you will have a HUGE mess when you get home, and then you'll need to disassemble the Roomba for a detailed decontamination and cleaning session.......so I'm told..........

Back