What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Installing and adjusting forward push-pull tube to control stick

Chillibob

Can any of you veteran RV-3 builders advise me on how to measure and adjust the length of the forward push-pull tube to make sure you have adequate travel when attached to the control stick (what is the neutral point on the control stick position - vertically level?). Also, when do you put it in permanently? I looks like it would be hard if not impossible to get in or out after the bottom seat skins are riveted on.

I determined the length by setting fuselage level with stick and elevator bellcrank in a vertical position. Then with elevators in trail the rear pushrod length can be determined.
The forward pushrod can be removed rearwards but you must ensure the clearance holes in bulkheads F305, 306 and 307 are sized as necessary. A draw string tied on prior to removing the pushrod would probably assist in getting it back through if your seat pan is attached per plans.
I should say that I am not a "veteran" RV 3 builder but rather a first timer, and this is just how I did it...

Russell

Back