Back to work in the new shop. I did an acid wash and alumi prep conversion coating followed by an Azko prime layer of the internal rudder and elevator parts (the parts below are pre-primer).
To rivet the stiffeners I routed a cut-out in my bench and put in a small back riveting plate.
After a little rivet tape to hold the 3-3.5s in place, flipped the rudder over and got to work.
There was some additional riveting of the rudder skin but had to quit when I put a Phillips screwdriver through my finger (don't ask ... the only advise I can give is NEVER use a screw driver to help displace a blind rivet stem from the tool). I am giving new meaning to sharing your blood to provide soul for the airplane!