View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Hartline View Post
Folks,

I have the Safe Air kit for the pitot/AOA lines. The extra rib holes for the AOA line in the left wing don't go all the way to the root - the ADAHRS bundle takes up some of the holes. For those who used this kit, what did you do? I was looking at adding holes adjacent to the pitot line holes in the ribs as long as there are no structural issues.

Thanks, James
I bought wings built from another builder who had the standard pitot tube installed. I removed it and used the SafeAir kit as a retrofit. Used the original run and then enlarged the tooling hole to the run the 2 line. I used another builders idea for pitot/static run under the arm. Yes my runs are 2 bays passed the standard location. I'm undecided where to locate it, so made provision for moving it out 1 or 2 bays if I wanted. Note that the previous builder also made wire conduit runs at 3 locations. I filled 2 of them with Vans conduit and left the third unused.

Pazmany PL-1 N2029 (bought & sold)
RV7 - N537TC (reserved & building)
Emp, Wings & Fuse done - working on FWF

"The air is an extremely dangerous, jealous and exacting mistress. Once under the spell most lovers are faithful to the end, which is not always old age." - Winston Churchill

Last edited by pazmanyflyer : 12-21-2015 at 08:38 AM.